TRE's

Someone please help this guy.

I know his topic has more hits on it than two 13-yr pldat an R. Kelly Concert !!

Someone please help this guy.

I know his topic has more hits on it than two 13-yr olds at an R. Kelly Concert !!

I know their are TRE's, Smart TRE, ATRE and INTELLEGENT INDICATOR

ATRE - http://www.motorcycleradar.com/products_pg5_5.htm

INTELLEGENT INDICATOR - http://home.satx.rr.com/eks/eks_concepts.htm

Whats the pro's and con's on these, which mess with the Idle map and which do not? Why one over the other?
IMO - I have one of those Ivan's smart TRE's installed on Elenor, and she is running great... no problems!! It has also made the low end of the RPM range sweeter for my bike. Now some people might disagree with me!! I have no tuner here who can do a custome map for my bike... so the TRE has been helpful!!

Hey bro, I suggest you type in TRE in the search section of this board and you will get a zillion threads for it!! Lot of info there... To sum it all up, there are varied opnions regarding the TRE!!! I suggest you read all about it... and take your own call!!

smile.gif

I know their are TRE's, Smart TRE, ATRE and INTELLEGENT INDICATOR

ATRE - http://www.motorcycleradar.com/products_pg5_5.htm

INTELLEGENT INDICATOR - http://home.satx.rr.com/eks/eks_concepts.htm

Whats the pro's and con's on these, which mess with the Idle map and which do not? Why one over the other?
Depend what you want it for. It is mainly for speed restriction being eliminated. How often you going to go above 185mph. If it is often get it. You can tune the bike to eliminate stumble, so it is not really worth it just for that, but some thing it is.

Actually just wanted to know whats the difference with them and which ones do not screw with the idle map ect...

Actually just wanted to know whats the difference with them and which ones do not screw with the idle map ect...
Ivan's Smart TRE won't mess with your idle. I've had one for a while and it does exactly what it's supposed to do... smooth's out the low end roll-ons. Simple install. Very noticable improvement.

Ivan's Smart TRE won't mess with your idle.  I've had one for a while and it does exactly what it's supposed to do... smooth's out the low end roll-ons.  Simple install.  Very noticable improvement.
hey thanks, at least you knew something looked like no one here knows a damn thing from the postings I see, so at least I know who to believe vs the others after reading their posts they probably know nothing thats why they posted what they did, Thanks again. Know who to ask next time and know who not to trust to ask or buy from. Was just curious on these other 2 the ATRE and the one from EKG...

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115169096 -->

Ivan's Smart TRE won't mess with your idle.  I've had one for a while and it does exactly what it's supposed to do... smooth's out the low end roll-ons.  Simple install.  Very noticable improvement.
hey thanks, at least you knew something looked like no one here knows a damn thing from the postings I see, so at least I know who to believe vs the others after reading their posts they probably know nothing thats why they posted what they did, Thanks again. Know who to ask next time and know who not to trust to ask or buy from. Was just curious on these other 2 the ATRE and the one from EKG...
I'm not sure about the other 2, the ATRE and the one from EKG. But, I wouldn't kill yourself researching the features of them because the TRE's function is pretty darn simple. Using a simple resistor, it intercepts the gear indicator and passes on to the computer that it's always in 5th gear. So the bike always uses the timing that it's mapped for in 5th gear. What this does, is prevent the computer from setting backing the timing just a bit in gears 1-4. The result is a quicker and smoother roll-on instead of the very short delay followed by a jolt. So, in the end, the TRE is just a 25 cent resistor in a plastic housing that's designed to fit into the wiring harness which caries the gear indicator. There is no need for fancier features like deciding which gears to bypass or a remote off/on. Just plug in the SmartTre and forget about it. I have PowerCommander and have my bike mapped. The PowerCommander is for fuel adjustment. It can be used for timing adjustment but, IMHO, you're getting into something very involved if you use the PowerCommander to mess with timing. The TRE, is a simple way to fix a very specific timing issue. I used the TRE with and without the PowerCommander. It helps both ways. From my extensive observations and A/B tests, the TRE will affect roll-on smoothness. The Dynojet will affect power once it's rolled on - but not the initial moment of cracking the throttle. I could go on for several paragraphs about why it works this way but it's probably a bunch of detail that's not necessary. IMHO, install the SmartTRE and PowerCommander and initially update your PowerCommander with the map indicated at the Dynojet website. This will be a huge improvement. Next, when you've got the bucks, get your bike custom mapped. This will smooth things out a bit more.

Yeah your right..they don't know anything..lol. Johnnycheese did you bump your head again??

<!--EDIT|jusmoov
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115196901 -->

Back