Nearly everything ya wanted to know -

ICEMANN

Registered
Met the manufacture of the Atre, nice guy. Neat products also. Working on getting pic of his custom LED lights similar to Lieberteck Diamond lights but a little different. CNC from what I understand.

The ATRE is programmable. Depending on the model/year bike it has it's advantages. Some features:

Does not affect neutral map - revs always stay the same
User can re-map gears 1st & 2nd, 1 2 3, 1 2 3 4 , or all (same as TRE except that it does not alter the Neutral)
Choice of maps to use - 4th, 5th or 6th
User can alter settings in a few minutes

Example: If you don't worry about the top-end restriction on the 2001 models and later, you have the advantage of just altering the first 3 gears to the 5th map, thereby enhancing throttle response, but still maintaining the correct fuelling ratios for the 4th 5th and 6th gears, meaning standard fuel consumption in the upper gears.
A link that describes pros/cons of the Atre/TRE/Gpack, including making your own, etc. Good info.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/stevebm/tre.html

some other good links as well atre.
http://www.motorcycleradar.com/products_pg5_5.htm

plus Ivans sites..dont have addy.
HAPPY READING
ICE

thanks for this very useful info.
smile.gif

v.

Cost vs usefulness I would recommend the Atre, but the install is a little longer but very easy it looks. Not as easy as the "TRE" its just plug in, but the bennifits cant be touched. Dont know anything about the Gpack. I have a tre, and im going to move to an Atre. Just too many options and most of us are gadget fans anyway. Maybe someone will post personal updated info to help out.

ICE

I was wondering if it's possible to find detailed instructions on how to make ATRE yourself anywhere?

Any info on this will be very appreciated.

V.

ICEMANN,

I did that, but there's only info on how to make TRE (which I already made for myself), but not on how to make ATRE.

Or am I not looking properly...?

V.

From what I've seen and read, making an ATRE will be like making a switchable TRE. You just need a larger set of resistors to switch in and out. This'll let you mimick the different gears. A real ATRE is more mappable than the simple TRE, it let's you map to specific gears and keep the neutral stock.

Just my $.02
firedevil.gif

From what I've seen and read, making an ATRE will be like making a switchable TRE.  You just need a larger set of resistors to switch in and out.  This'll let you mimick the different gears.  A real ATRE is more mappable than the simple TRE, it let's you map to specific gears and keep the neutral stock.

Just my $.02  
firedevil.gif
I think you've got a couple of things a little off. You would only need one resister because you would always be mapping to 5th gear. You would need a circuit that could interpret the different resistance loads that the gearbox creates. Once you knew what gear you were in by determining the resistance you could 'decide' based on the program whether that gear was suppose to be mapped to 5th. The ATRE provides the user interface which allows you to program which gears (1-4) would get mapped. You would need what I just described plus logic to be bypassed in neutral.

Newbie question. I kinda know that a tre is (so that the bike thinks it's in a certian gear?) What performance does that give?

My girlfriend bought me a speedohealer for my birthday. I was out looking for the wires that connect to the SH but I haven't been able to find them. If anyone has any pictures I would appreciate it.

spdhealer.JPG

Cost vs usefulness I would recommend the Atre, but the install is a little longer but very easy it looks.  Not as easy as the "TRE" its just plug in, but the bennifits cant be touched.  Dont know anything about the Gpack.  I have a tre, and im going to move to an Atre.  Just too many options and most of us are gadget fans anyway.  Maybe someone will post personal updated info to help out.

ICE
I recently installed an atre. It definitely is alot smoother up/down shifting and seems to have better throttle response. I'm not too concerned with the top speed limiter. Don't think I'll ever go that fast....

Well here is a pic of my install: I don't know how to post more than 1 pic per reply.

AtreInstall_1.jpg

what are the bad things about the tre my busa had 1 when i bought it. it is my first busa but it seems to run fine. any help would be good.???

Back