TRE Mod

Warrior58d

Registered
I just installed a TRE and now my Fuel injection light is on and it's telling me to check the FI. Is this supposed to happen??? I don't think that it is but any ideas would be helpfull

I put the TRE that I had on my 2001 GSXR 1000 (supposed to work on the 03 Busa)...I didn't get any lights. Not sure that it really does anything going to take it back off after riding the bike about 600 miles with it on and make a decision. Bike still has low RPM surge.

Total Reliable Electronics (TRE). Suzuki trademark. Equivalent to MDS car ignition system, but without the 60,000 volts and a few less plug wires. Better burn = more HP. For more info look in the Funk and Wagnel.

HAHAHA. I love JC. He cracks me up.

BSrigley has a TRE on his '03. He didn't have any problems and he feels as though the bike is quicker. I used the PCIIIr and once I got a reliable shop to dyno-tune it, it kicks ass! Of course my other mods helped a little too.

:cool:

You probably connected the TRE to the black connector instead of the white, a common mistake. Take it off the black connector and search under the tank on the left hand side till you find the white connector at the rear of the tank (it may be hidden under some other wiring, but its there). Connect it properly and the FI light will go out and you be ready to roll

I just installed a TRE and now my Fuel injection light is on and it's telling me to check the FI. Is this supposed to happen??? I don't think that it is but any ideas would be helpfull
I am still wondering why YOU did not call TRE to ask them?
Thanks for the one guy (Dezzy7) that actually posted a helpfull response to this question and you where right. I am a dumb ass and didn't find it. Took me an hour to find the little bugger tucked under some other wires toward the back of the area. I have to say all the other posts did serve for some entertainment value.

To Johnnycheese.....I did contact the guys that sold the TRE through email. I also contacted the board since I didn't know where I would get a faster response from. Most of the time at night.....(when most places are closed).....the answers here will be dead on and very fast as you may have already found out. Sorry I didn't tell you this so you wouldn't have wasted your time "wondering why".

Later all

All I was doing was having fun. the answer was posted many months ago if you did a search you would have for it.

But I understand why you did not do one.........
there is TOOOOOOO many TRE post. All asking the same Question
NOTE to board:
make TRE it's own topic.

I am still wondering why YOU did not call TRE to ask them?
Thanks for the one guy (Dezzy7) that actually posted a helpfull response to this question and you where right. I am a dumb ass and didn't find it. Took me an hour to find the little bugger tucked under some other wires toward the back of the area. I have to say all the other posts did serve for some entertainment value.

To Johnnycheese.....I did contact the guys that sold the TRE through email. I also contacted the board since I didn't know where I would get a faster response from. Most of the time at night.....(when most places are closed).....the answers here will be dead on and very fast as you may have already found out. Sorry I didn't tell you this so you wouldn't have wasted your time "wondering why".

Later all
I just made the same mistake and plugged it into the Black Connector found the whit one and everything worked...WOW The TRE even improved my Brake usage :D :D

I HAVE installed the 6.8k resistor on my 2003 Hayabusa. I do feel a little more horse power at the low end in the first 3 gears, but I still feel that jerky sputter at 5000 RPM's like I felt before I did the TRE mod. Can anybody explain why? Did I hook up the resistor wrong? Is it possible to hook it up wrong?

I HAVE installed the 6.8k resistor on my 2003 Hayabusa.  I do feel a little more horse power at the low end in the first 3 gears, but I still feel that jerky sputter at 5000 RPM's like I felt before I did the TRE mod.  Can anybody explain why?  Did I hook up the resistor wrong?  Is it possible to hook it up wrong?
because you are trying to use a bandaid instead of fixing the problem

I believe TRE is Timing Retard Eliminator. Because the busa has an ECU(electronic control unit) at low rpm the timing needs to be retarded so it will run good at low speed and high. Just like an ignition advance on a normal carb set up. So where is the best place to restrict the bike is here. The TRE removes the restriction(on my 02) and it puts the ECU to a raw state. Thats why idle is rough. Hope this helps. I used a NIKKO G-PACK TRE on my 02. Only because I was in Japan at the time and didn't have access to electronics, well none that I could read.

FATJAP

Drew-

The proper way to fix it would be to take your busa to a dyno and get it tuned properly. I am 90% sure that is what JC is gonna say. :)

Course, I could be wrong...

No, your right. that is what he will say and he is right. The sputtering is from a stock lean condition if you haven't mapped a PC and installed it on your bike. Richen it up and let the power flow.

Your gas milage will improve too because you will make more power in that "off idle" cruise throttle position. BELIEVE IT OR NOT.

What can I expect to pay for a Timing Retard Eliminator for my '03?I have seen the posts about splicing in a resistor for pennies,but don't mind spending a couple dollars for the ease of plugging the unit in as opposed to cutting the GPS leads.So far I am looking at 70 bucks.Any cheaper out there?

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1066941190 -->

Back