Tragic Accident

I hate reading this stuff, why do I keep opening these threads
rock.gif

Prayers sent
sad.gif

damn,bones are still soft at age 13...I know its a closed course but I thought you had to be 16 to operate a motor vehicle legally? I personally dont agree with allowing a kid this young to race,definately not mature enough(i have a 13yr old at home,hell my 17yr old isnt mature enough IMO).very sad

damn,bones are still soft at age 13...I know its a closed course but I thought you had to be 16 to operate a motor vehicle legally? I personally dont agree with allowing a kid this young to race,definately not mature enough(i have a 13yr old at home,hell my 17yr old isnt mature enough IMO).very sad
I really don't know the right answer.

Kids are involved in all kinds of sports that could result in serious injuries and even death. Football, baseball, horseback riding, BMX, Skateboarding.

Some of the same people that will be criticizing the parents and sanctions decision to let them race, have no problems in turning their kids loose on a 3-4 wheeler with no protective gear or worse.. no supervision.

It looks like he was riding a 125cc Grand Prix series. Some series and areas allow 12-14 year olds race them. Pretty common across the county, even near us at Hallett.

Kids compete in all sorts of motorsports, NHRA Jr Dragsters, Mini Sprints, Motocross (I've seen 4 year olds) etc, Karting. We have a local kid here that has been driving full size sprint cars and is very good (at a national level). Full size cars at age 12.. he is now 15 or 16. http://www.treyrobbracing.com/Media_Buzz/Meet_Trey_Robb.html

Some of today's greats started at a very Young age. Jeff Gordon comes to mind driving sprints at 12.

Sure there are risks involved, but I think for the most part most of these activities are fairly safe. Otherwise they would not be able to exist in organized events with the sanctioning bodies. Insurance companies sometime cause some of the rules which is one reason, you don't see youngsters drag racing at most track any more. Tragedies like these seem to bring quite a bit of unfair focus on the subject.

We were at Texas World Speedway yesterday & heard the news. Prayers for the family & friends. There are a lot of very your racers. I have seen plenty of 10-15 yr olds that could hold their own against bigger bikes & older riders.

There is even a class for 5-8 yr olds.

I really don't know the right answer.

Kids are involved in all kinds of sports that could result in serious injuries and even death. Football, baseball, horseback riding, BMX, Skateboarding.

Some of the same people that will be criticizing the parents and sanctions decision to let them race, have no problems in turning their kids loose on a 3-4 wheeler with no protective gear or worse..  no supervision.

It looks like he was riding a 125cc Grand Prix series. Some series and areas allow 12-14 year olds race them. Pretty common across the county, even near us at Hallett.

Kids compete in all sorts of motorsports, NHRA Jr Dragsters, Mini Sprints, Motocross (I've seen 4 year olds) etc, Karting.  We have a local kid here that has been driving full size sprint cars and is very good (at a national level).  Full size cars at age 12.. he is now 15 or 16. http://www.treyrobbracing.com/Media_Buzz/Meet_Trey_Robb.html

Some of today's greats started at a very Young age. Jeff Gordon comes to mind driving sprints at 12.

Sure there are risks involved, but I think for the most part most of these activities are fairly safe. Otherwise they would not be able to exist in organized events with the sanctioning bodies. Insurance companies sometime cause some of the rules which is one reason, you don't see youngsters drag racing at most track any more. Tragedies like these seem to bring quite a bit of unfair focus on the subject.
you are definately 100% right

my 8yr old plays football and doeas MMA (i dont allow him in a cage though,thats just rediculous for his age and believe me,there are parents that do allow them that young to fight in a cage)

I guess your damned if your do and your damned if you dont,just sad,either way,hate to see it

you are definately 100% right

my 8yr old plays football and doeas MMA (i dont allow him in a cage though,thats just rediculous for his age and believe me,there are parents that do allow them that young to fight in a cage)

I guess your damned if your do and your damned if you dont,just sad,either way,hate to see it
I doubt I'm 100% right. Hate to see it as well.

This was on our local news web page today. DFW area but it hit our news.

Same kinda deal, different activity. We try to protect our kids and keep them involved with activities...... Shame......

BENBROOK, Texas -- A 9-year-old Fort Worth-area girl has died after a horse threw her and dragged her for about a mile and a half over the weekend.

Family friends say Juliette Brown was horseback riding with her father near Lake Benbrook on Saturday night when she popped the top on a soda can, scaring her horse. Family friend Cathy Wickwire says the horse threw Juliette and dragged her.

Benbrook police say the Haltom City girl was airlifted to Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth, where she died of a severe head injury.

Sad News no matter how you look at , no parent
should ever have to bury a child. Rest In Peace
young brother

I had personal involvement with this child after the accident. And I must say this has been on my mind since then.

I have a son 15yrs old. Luckly him seeing me with road rash a while back scared him from street bikes fr now. Prayers sent..

Back