Track day on a Busa

I think my best was 1.55 Not very fast but I sure had a good time. First time on a track with the Busa. Last time I was on a track was Putnam Park in 1992 on a 92 GSXR750. Sad thing is the night after that pic was taken my Busa was stolen from the parking lot of the Embassy Suites in Birmingham. Got my bike and broke into the cab of truck and stole all my riding gear. Leathers, boots, gloves, helmet, back protector...everything!!!!

I spent 4 days on the track at Barber with my Busa. I don't think I turned a lap under 1:50.

You will have a blast and learn some very important skills. I never went to be the fastest rider out there, focus on steady and being smooth. Speed will come.

Hallett Sept 5 004.jpg

Hallett Sept 5 008.jpg

Hallett Sept 5 015.jpg

Hallett Sept 5 013.jpg

A trackday is the best way to learn what your bike is capable of.

I can turn the other direction :laugh:
knee2.jpg

I never graduated out of the beginner group, had no desire to run with the faster bikes. Each time I did a trackday, I had a great time improving my skills and running the bike hard on a nice smooth surface.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your bike BONE STOCK with good tires is plenty good for a novice trackday. After you've done one you'll have a better idea of what you'll need to do to progress. The biggest thing is DO IT.

Yeah, it was great, very exciting, I have a personality defect where I watch something or get an idea then I gotta do it myself, base jumping, skydiving, off road racing, etc etc. This just moved up to the top of my list, I just hope it does not cost me thousands like my other adventures. Watching this video and it almost got me killed and still might.

ARE AWESOME 2011 New - YouTube[/url]

I'm not sure about the rules here at our local tracks Blaster. I think you may have to change to a non glycol coolant? Other than that not much other prep is needed.

These are rules for PBIR.
Page 3 : Florida Trackdays, Sportbike Trackdays at Homestead Speedway, Jennings GP, and PBIR

BoB mentioned some tape gaffers use in the movies that won't get sticky if lights are left on.

I'm itching to do one as well. How was it out there at PBIR yesterday?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back