Track Day and "NO" chicken strips

cool.. sounds like your were tearin' it up.

you gonna replace the battleax tires with somethign different when they are done?

I know the pirelli's turn in a bit quicker it seems for whatever reason.. and warm up a little faster.

anyway.. bring on the pics!

cool.. sounds like your were tearin' it up.

you gonna replace the battleax tires with somethign different when they are done?

I know the pirelli's turn in a bit quicker it seems for whatever reason.. and warm up a little faster.

anyway.. bring on the pics!
When the BT56's are done, I'll be getting a whole new set. Still trying to decide between the Michilen Pilot Powers and the Pirelli Diablo Corsas. Leaning more towards the Powers right now, and will probably be going with a 180 rear instead of the 190 for easier turn-in.

For some strange reason, I don't think I'm going to get 5600 miles out of this rear tire like the first one.
laugh.gif

Time for some real track tires....BT056's and Ronnie's 014's weren't meant to be pushed that hard on the track.

That sounded like you really had alot of fun. To move a Hayabusa around like that takes a little muscle. Image you could probably get bumped up with some practice and some good track tires.

Sounds like a great day... except the friend crashing. Luckily he is OK. The bike on the other hand....
wow.gif

I help in the pits with our amatuer MotoGp team, and I get high just watching them out there racing. I can't imagine being ON the track. It's just gotta be the ulitmate rush.
biggrin.gif

That sounded like you really had alot of fun. To move a Hayabusa around like that takes a little muscle. Image you could probably get bumped up with some practice and some good track tires.
I'll get the "bump" eventually, but until I get some better tires, I'll be happy riding in the B group. I don't want to get in over my head too soon.

Sounds like a great day... except the friend crashing. Luckily he is OK. The bike on the other hand....
wow.gif

I help in the pits with our amatuer MotoGp team, and I get high just watching them out there racing. I can't imagine being ON the track. It's just gotta be the ulitmate rush.
biggrin.gif
All you need to do is look into the available track day dates on The NESBA web site, and when you find one that fits your schedule, sign up for the INTRO group.

The INTRO group is FREE and lets you ride with the beginner group for the first two sessions of the day. After that, if you want to stay, then you pay the track fee, plus a $20 late registration fee, and you can ride all day. If the track isn't for you, then you can still stay and watch and hang out, and you haven't lost anything.

Believe me when I say that anyone that has decent riding skills can handle a track day. You ride at YOUR own pace and not that of the rest of the group. The NESBA site has some info on the main page that says:
How to tell if You are Ready
Sometimes it is hard to know if you are ready for the track.
Here are some general things (not requirements) we look for in
a rider:
• You’ve been riding more than a year
• You enjoy riding with groups of people
• You ride with someone already doing track days
• You are comfortable riding in busy highway traffic and passing
cars and trucks
• You are comfortable riding at high rates of speed (75+ mph)
• You are comfortable shifting, braking and leaning the bike
into turns[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you read the Rider's Manual and you meet all of the tech requirements for Intro and Beginner. Basically that means GOOD tires, no leaking fluids, bike in good condition, lights taped over, mirrors removed, and protective gear. Gear can be textile for INTRO, but all others require full leathers with a two-piece requiring a full waist zipper (just not the 8" ones). It's all in the rider's manual.

Ride within your limits, and you'll have a blast. Then you'll be hooked.
laugh.gif

Awesome story.. I almost felt like I was there with ya.. and great pics too!
I feel bad for your bro, but that is part of this most expensive hobby~ Glad he wasn't hurt bad in the process~ I've got a feeling the bike will be back in action before too long~
wink.gif

BTW.....

I did find out what it feels like when the BT56's break loose. I was coming out of the last turn setting up to pass some lapped riders and when I went to "roll" on the throttle, I guess I "rolled" too dam much. The back end fishtailed out to the left while I was still leaned over, and somehow I managed to roll off the throttle just enough to let it grip without causing a high-side. I was so friggin lucky. Once I realized I was still upright and okay, I nailed it and continued the pass I intended in the first place.

When I got back to the pits, I had to pull the seat out of my ass. There was some serious pucker factor during that fishtail.
wow.gif

Oh yeah...I'm done with the pictures for now. I'll post the Pro Photographer's link up in a new thread when they get them uploaded to the website. They may even have some of Ronnie's crash.
You got lucky there, dude. You should have just stayed on the gas. Sorry to hear about your cousin. Sounds like a great time other than that.

ARRRGGG.....

I'm really envious of you now, STKR....damn!!! I'm gettin a track day itch reeeeaalll bad. Fuggin pity though....there ain't no track here to scratch the damn itch.
sad.gif

Here's a video of what it looks like riding Road America. It is a 4.2 mile road course with 3 straight that allow for WFO.
biggrin.gif

Make sure you right click on the video and view it Full Screen

Road America Video
Freakin AWESOME JIM! I forgot you were going back on the 30th!!!! I KNOW You had a ball and looks like you are hooked!
smile.gif
It is fun and educational too!!! Pretty cool to do this LIVE after playin MotoGP2 game isnt it??? I got chills reading your stories. Love it! Tell me did you pay the video guy to follow you around? I still owe you 3 DVD's and some helmet cam footage. I haven't had time to rebuild my PC.

Not that I know much, but you might consider a 180 on the rear [Pirellis hint hint] that have a racier profile. It makes a HUGE diff on the track for turning. Raise up and tighten that suspension! Sounds like you are about to rail your way into Intermediate. The stock bike is holding you back. Time for a 1000 ;)

Were those other guys there? Thor who dropped his R1? I'm gald your friend was alright after his tumble. His bike still looked ridable... almost
smile.gif
I bet the weather was better this go round. What PSI you end up using that day?? I'm considering 28 - I ride 34 on street now and feels like a monorail
smile.gif

I'll have to get you hooked on Pocket Bike racing next!!!!
biggrin.gif
And then crack cocaine.... hahhaha

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117725827 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Here's a video of what it looks like riding Road America.  It is a 4.2 mile road course with 3 straight that allow for WFO.
biggrin.gif

Make sure you right click on the video and view it Full Screen

Road America Video
Freakin AWESOME JIM!  I forgot you were going back on the 30th!!!!  I KNOW You had a ball and looks like you are hooked!
smile.gif
  It is fun and educational too!!!  Pretty cool to do this LIVE after playin MotoGP2 game isnt it???  I got chills reading your stories.  Love it!   Tell me did you pay the video guy to follow you around? I still owe you 3 DVD's and some helmet cam footage.  I haven't had time to rebuild my PC.

Not that I know much, but you might consider a 180 on the rear [Pirellis hint hint] that have a racier profile.  It makes a HUGE diff on the track for turning.  Raise up and tighten that suspension!  Sounds like you are about to rail your way into Intermediate.  The stock bike is holding you back.  Time for a 1000  ;)

Were those other guys there?  Thor who dropped his R1?  I'm gald your friend was alright after his tumble.  His bike still looked ridable... almost  
smile.gif
 I bet the weather was better this go round.  What PSI you end up using that day??  I'm considering 28 - I ride 34 on street now and feels like a monorail  
smile.gif

I'll have to get you hooked on Pocket Bike racing next!!!!  
biggrin.gif
 And then crack cocaine....  hahhaha
The MotoVid guys weren't there I even took some extra money for that very purpose.
mad.gif
SliderPhoto was there though, and he said it would be a few days before all the pictures are sorted and posted. The way I was running, it would have been so sweet to have had the video guys following me around.

When I get the new "set" of tires, I will be getting either the Pilot Powers or the PDC's, and I will be getting a 180 rear. I've actually had some serious thoughts about selling the Busa to get a GSX-R 1000 or 750. I don't think the 600 would be enough after having the Busa. I'll probably wait until the daughter is done with school and out of the house before that though, so I've still got a couple of years to play on the Busa.
cool.gif

Thor was there again...and yes, he dropped the R1 again. Not bad, just came in too hot into turn 5 and low sided off into the gravel. I went by him, but was focused on the track and never realized who it was that went off. He laughed it off, and was back out there the rest of the day.

There were three Honda XX Blackbirds out there, but suprisingly, I never saw any of them while I was out on the track.
laugh.gif

Weather was awesome...about 75 degrees and sunny. Roasted in the leathers, but it was worth it. Tire pressures were about the same 31F/30R.

smile.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

OMG! He crashed again? I hope it was more educational than damaging.
smile.gif
So you are finding the limits of the Busa? So many NEVER will on the street. If you are just out for fun, keep yer busa, but if Track days are getting to ya, time to think about trading out. I think the 05 SUZ 1000 would do it. Busa power / 600 feel. Follow your heart Jim!

Track TRULY IS so much more fun than people can ever envision without trying it.

Sliderphoto is GREAT! You better send me yoru pics when you get them!! That'll rock!

Thats where I shoulda been tuesday...the track.

Don't usually find big ole' rocks on the racetrack
wink.gif

Looks like ya had fun

Cool pics!

I have been running a 180 power rear and it has been working great for me, I would highly recommend switching for anyone who wants better turn in. After the switch from the 190 bt014 I had it was easier to pull down into the corners. Also, switching the fork springs like jinkster did really helped a lot.

Back