Tourist trophy

bigern_05Busa

Ad augusta per angusta
Donating Member
Registered
Needless to say I have no children, one wife, minimal bills, and a Busa... Life is priceless. As a man I am blessed with having all the toys a grown man could want and I don't have to share with anyone. I have always been a diehard NCAA football gamer and an Ultima Online gamer for the PC. I have played numerous motorcycle riding games but never liked them for lack of realism. I overheard (read) a post of group members talking about Tourist Trophy and had to check it out. I visited the website and was instantly hooked. I ran out thursday evening and bought the game and have already logged over thirty hours easily on my PS2. The graphics are incredible and you can preview races from the riders view like you are actually riding the bike. The developers (polyphony digital) did an excellent job with this game. For those asking if this game is worth buying a PS2 in order to play it, I would say a definite "YES". A word of caution, once you start to play and are trying to win bikes you will get sucked into the game like a three year old trying to reach the cookie jar on the counter top. Significant other may have a word or two for you as well but that comes with the territory, definitely worth the money and as real as a game can get to allowing you to feel as if you are riding a bike on the track...

thanks for the heads up i have been thinking of getting it.
vader1.gif

How much difference is there between Tourist trophy and the MotoGp games? I dont want to spring for PS2 if its very similar to those others.

I just dont know how it can be realistic. Tell me more.

All the bikes come in all the factory colors that were produced for the 05 year. You can change the tires between street vs performance and the exhaust between normal and sports. You can also adjust all settings for the brakes, suspension, and chain. You are able to adjust the riders riding style from normal, lean bike, lean body, or motard. As far as PS2 vs XBox, I have never liked the controller on the XBox, graphics are similar so I am a PS2 fan. I never played Moto GP so I can't compare the two, have seen the box and visited the website but didn't get my hair blown back like I did with tourist trophy. If you don't have a PS2, have your kid borrow a friends and rent the game or see if you can rent the system and the game if available in your area. Definitely worth the money.

I went out and got this game last night. I passed the novice and junior licenses with ease. I have raced about 6 races so far. The gixxer 750 is my favorite bike at the moment. I haven't got to log enough hours yet. definitely a great deal for $40 at wally world.
tounge.gif

Im still not impressed with the handling or braking in the game. graphics for the ps2 are good though.

I will admit that I was disgruntled as the hours passed with the handling and braking because I was used to playing the Suzuki TT Superbike game. Of course in riding a real bike and watching AMA races I don't think riders can take a bike from 150 M.P.H. to 60 M.P.H. instantly as they enter a hairpin curve. I also started adjusting my riding position which made a world of difference too...

I also believe that this game is more true to the physics involved in braking from close to 180mph to 30. Turn 1 in Grand Valley Speedway is a good example. You are turning AND braking at the same time. Try different bikes - you can start braking at different spots...

Help your braking by using both front and rear and getting out of the "tucked" position into a more upright position.

Careful with the rear brakes...pulse them as you get closer to the point where you start to lean the bike into the curve...get off the rear brakes completely before you lean the bike into the curve.

keep working on it - gets more interesting.

How much difference is there between Tourist trophy and the MotoGp games? I dont want to spring for PS2 if its very similar to those others.

I just dont know how it can be realistic. Tell me more.
Difference tween TT and MotoGP is that GP is JUST GP bikes and races. TT is really just realistic street bikes, like we all drive. MotoGP rides and handles really well on the track like it is designed , where as TT has realistic problems with street bikes like headshake in corners, variety of feel from many different styles of bikes. I think they both fill different niches. If you just wanna race real MOTOGP series bikes on real tracks, stay with MotoGP. If you want real bikes and realistic conditions, get TT. It's great too. I play both.

As far as REALISTIC, you can only get so much from a flat screen, a vibrating controller and sound effects. Much is lost from the real world. But both games do a great job of immitating, or simulating what is lost like side view perspective, sound of wind and engine, feel of bike brakes handling etc. I think they do a great job of feeling realistic. Rent TT and try it. I bought a PS2 just to play this game and was not disappointed at all. I also found Suzuki TT Superbikes to be a blast... almost better in some ways... but, again, it fills a completely different niche than TT and MotoGP games

Back