Tough NC LEO's

AMEN on this. All these people saying excessive force grow up! Just call it punishment for running similar to what parents should do when thier kids do something wrong or out of line. Spare the rod, spoil the child . . . just consider the police officers night stick the rod :laugh:
One sided story teller I c

I went 6yrs w/out any citations in the NoVa area....moved down to Raleigh,NC and received 3 tickets in 2.5yrs there! :banghead:

Jelly, I have to call you out on this one. "Tough Cop", what would you have done, got up and whipped his ass big shot? rofl.

The guy flew by your wife so fast she didn't even hardly see him. That means he was endangering her life at that moment and everyone else on the road. He got what was coming to him.

That is why most people who don't have super credit, check insurance rates and it is 4 grand a year. Morons like that are why the insurance rate is sky high.

I went 6yrs w/out any citations in the NoVa area....moved down to Raleigh,NC and received 3 tickets in 2.5yrs there! :banghead:

I lived there 4 years and was pulled over once in a car and I was speeding doing 73 in a 55. The officer, on a motorcycle, asked me what it would take to get me to slow down? I told him "certainly not a ticket" He smiled and told me to have a nice day.

I slowed down for good, you don't have to tell me twice.

Jelly, I have to call you out on this one. "Tough Cop", what would you have done, got up and whipped his ass big shot? rofl.

The guy flew by your wife so fast she didn't even hardly see him. That means he was endangering her life at that moment and everyone else on the road. He got what was coming to him.

That is why most people who don't have super credit, check insurance rates and it is 4 grand a year. Morons like that are why the insurance rate is sky high.

I'd have to think about that. If someone throws my Busa on its side and scratches up my Shoei, I might just get into even bigger trouble. There is probably more to the story, don't know perhaps he tried to run. Most of us twist the throttle some times, we just do it carefully where we think it is safe, but rules are rules ya know.

I'd have to think about that. If someone throws my Busa on its side and scratches up my Shoei, I might just get into even bigger trouble. There is probably more to the story, don't know perhaps he tried to run. Most of us twist the throttle some times, we just do it carefully where we think it is safe, but rules are rules ya know.

:agree: :laugh:

Running = eat hood if caught

The loss of money, risk of getting hurt or hurting random people keeps me from pushing it on public roads

Speeding, even fast enough to get reckless added to it, is a misdemeanor in Missouri. Evading, no matter how slow, is a felony. I'll take the misdemeanor over the felony any day.

NC is one of the top ten states to get a ticket. The head state trooper here is about to quit "retire" because so many scandals, dwi's and sexting on the job. they are telling the troopers to straigten up or quit.

They hate when you run on their azz. I get pulled all the time for "looking like" a bike that ran. its complete bs. I been pulled 5 times in the last year and once it was legit. They are always complete and utter azzholes on powertrips. everyone that ive encountered anyway. Im always respectful because they can make your life hell if they want and aint shyt you can do about it.

I would like to meet one that is an ok dude, even if i got a ticket and he didnt have some sort of nepoleon complex i would be fine with that.

the most power anyone can have is the right to take your freedom.

WHOA! I am stationed at Fort Bragg, NC and of course from time to time the Busa or Ducati (my other bike) speedo will register triple digits. Luckily, being here more than a year, I have never been caught speeding (knock on wood). I have had numerous cops flash me in that they know there is no way in hell they can chase down a Busa or 1198 at full speed but they flash you to let you know to slow down. That happens all the time. I would think that guy probably had outstanding warrants or something or he rolled the dice, tried to run, and the law won this time! I am always scanning for cops in front of me since im scanning the road for all the knuckleheads in cars around me but if you see a cop behind you, something is wrong because at 100+ your eyes should be glued in front of ya! I have had a cop look at me parked somewehre like yea I remember seeing you blowing my everyone on the highway..LOL

Most cops here in Florida are extremely nice . I know , eat with and associate with many but still why complain when they do their job ?
Speed thru city traffic like an A hole and you will be treated like one ! Why would anyone be surprised ?
It's always very funny to me when watching the show 'cops' how the guy flees , leads 'em on a long drawn out chase and then stops raises hands and complains when forty cops pile on him ?
Blow by a cop at ludicrous speed , he lights you up , stop and take your punishment like the man your supposed to be .

I have always had good luck with the NC cops. They are WAY nicer than the Blount County cops on the other side of the border. I came up on a few unmarked cars at different times who simply flashed their lights at me. Got pulled over twice and issued verbal warnings which turned into admiring my bike and talking about roads.

Different slant here...have worked with cops of all types of agencies all my adult life. They are just like u and me in every respect. They have money troubles, wifey troubles, politics at work problems...and then they put the gun and badge on and go to work. They have to adopt a certain psychological mindset to survive and deal with people doing stupid things. They aren't your best buddies right now when u been doing 130 mph in a 70 mph zone. I have done hundreds of D.U.I. workups at the hospitals with LEOs. I have seen them mace beautiful women who were kicking cop car doors becaused they were wasted and pissed...but they warned them first.
If u are a machinist and some azzhat comes into your shop and starts throwing sand on your equipment u will defend your territory..up to and including a physical encounter...They take it personally when someone is doing something stupid in their territory also. I would say to those guys who have a terrible opinion about cops is that you are young and don't know the whole picture about what they deal with on a daily basis....in my opinion they are no different than u or i...and don't get paid enough for the dangers that they face. I wouldn't want any part of their job...
One last little story about how it is for them. One CHP in Tahoe and I processed 100's of DUIs back in the early 90's. So, I knew this guy pretty well...Then one night there was a horrific accident up on Hwy 50 before u drop into L. Tahoe. A family of 5 was wiped out and the drunk who hit them survived. I saw this chippy several days after the accident. The area that the accident occured in was his "stretch of the road". While we were talking about the particulars of this accident...keep in mind this guy is about 240 lbs and over 6'2"....I could see that he was visibly shaken by this carnage and senseless waste of life...he kept telling me..."Alan, if I only had been on duty that evening I just know I would have got this guy before he killed that young family". It was real and I have never forgotten it...LEO's have to maintain a little bit of the hardazz in them to deal with their jobs. They aren't your buddies. They are charged with maintaining public safety for everyone..That is why they are referred to as Public Safety Officers. If you can pay the price and are stupid enough to do 150 mph on a public road you deserve anything that comes your way...you are now a felon and can affect job obtainment, loan approvals, credit reports, and on and on...But show the respect these guys deserve for trying to maintain public safety...just sayin

Different slant here...have worked with cops of all types of agencies all my adult life. They are just like u and me in every respect. They have money troubles, wifey troubles, politics at work problems...and then they put the gun and badge on and go to work. They have to adopt a certain psychological mindset to survive and deal with people doing stupid things. They aren't your best buddies right now when u been doing 130 mph in a 70 mph zone. I have done hundreds of D.U.I. workups at the hospitals with LEOs. I have seen them mace beautiful women who were kicking cop car doors becaused they were wasted and pissed...but they warned them first.
If u are a machinist and some azzhat comes into your shop and starts throwing sand on your equipment u will defend your territory..up to and including a physical encounter...They take it personally when someone is doing something stupid in their territory also. I would say to those guys who have a terrible opinion about cops is that you are young and don't know the whole picture about what they deal with on a daily basis....in my opinion they are no different than u or i...and don't get paid enough for the dangers that they face. I wouldn't want any part of their job...
One last little story about how it is for them. One CHP in Tahoe and I processed 100's of DUIs back in the early 90's. So, I knew this guy pretty well...Then one night there was a horrific accident up on Hwy 50 before u drop into L. Tahoe. A family of 5 was wiped out and the drunk who hit them survived. I saw this chippy several days after the accident. The area that the accident occured in was his "stretch of the road". While we were talking about the particulars of this accident...keep in mind this guy is about 240 lbs and over 6'2"....I could see that he was visibly shaken by this carnage and senseless waste of life...he kept telling me..."Alan, if I only had been on duty that evening I just know I would have got this guy before he killed that young family". It was real and I have never forgotten it...LEO's have to maintain a little bit of the hardazz in them to deal with their jobs. They aren't your buddies. They are charged with maintaining public safety for everyone..That is why they are referred to as Public Safety Officers. If you can pay the price and are stupid enough to do 150 mph on a public road you deserve anything that comes your way...you are now a felon and can affect job obtainment, loan approvals, credit reports, and on and on...But show the respect these guys deserve for trying to maintain public safety...just sayin

Good post

Great post 2hip!

Also isn't it more impressive to keep your busa below 100? Everyone of us could easily and quickly reach trip digits in the blink of an eye. Which is also how quickly you could kill yourself or worse somebody else.

above post are absolutly correct. if your endangering my wife and kids on the road running to the po po and they catch you, you should get your azz handed to you by a gang of them. my problem is 4 out of 5 within 12 months have been in my face for honestly nothing, almost like they are mad i wasnt doing anything wrong or didnt have any warrants. maybe i just have bad luck:whistle:

K9...maybe u are just one of those guys like me...who just has a guilty face even though we are as innocent as the driven snow:whistle:

Back