Total loss electrical system

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
So last weekend I went down to Maxton for some real world tests. One of the changes I had made to my bike was switching to a total loss system. The results worked out great. :thumbsup:

The biggest measurable benefit I had from switching to this kind of a setup was the weight reduction. A side benefit is that it kept my voltage pretty darn level and consistant. No more fuel psi drop at the top end when the volts would decrease during a run.

I thought maybe having less mass on the flywheel of the crank would free something up or permit it to spin a hair quicker but neither measured a clearly indicated change on the dyno. I still have to look at my acceleration rates from the weekend but even if I see an improvement I couldn't say it was direct attribute from this setup.

I've got a few extra electric things that increase the load over a stock busa so others may have even better results.

Now for the pics. :rulez::cheerleader:

Some before and after Stator/flywheel pics and a chart from the weekends data logs. The chart only went to 10250 because there weren't to few data samples above this rpm.

P2066511.jpg

P2066512.jpg

P3126563.jpg

P3126565.jpg

Total loss results.jpg

Last edited:
There were a few other things as well that I changed and tested during the weekend event. So more info will come and be shared with everyone. :beerchug:

Maybe I put to much info in this post. To sum things up, racing with a total loss system and a LiFe battery gave me on average 12.304 +/- 0.005 volts. Your results may be different.

Last edited:
Back