Took a spill

Haelo

Registered
1: The coolant resevoir is hidden underneath the plastic on all of your bikes. On mine, it's right where the screws can walk loose and burn my ankle while braking for a chicane.

2: My helmet is fiberglass underneath the paint. I'm sure of this now.

3: Long hair will get destroyed easily in a wreck
sad.gif

Nothing broken. Bedtime though.

i assume you're alright? what brand of lid were you wearing? please don't tell me it was an arai, i don't think i could handle the news that it's made of fiberglass. rest up and lick those wounds!

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 11 2006,17:59) Sorry to hear, Glad you're OK!
Likewise! At least it was on the relatively safer environs of the track! Bikes can be fixed relatively easily, humans on the other hand.............

cool.gif

(Exdukenut @ Nov. 11 2006,20:23)
(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 11 2006,17:59) Sorry to hear, Glad you're OK!
Likewise! At least it was on the relatively safer environs of the track! Bikes can be fixed relatively easily, humans on the other hand.............

cool.gif
+ 1 million!

First off, glad you are ok
Second, what happend to the bike?

I was braking for a chicane from the top of second when the coolant reservoir, which had come loose, swung back and burned my ankle. I had to lean off, further into it, and the burning kept me from concentrating.

I found the limits of the front tire's traction, the bike slammed on top of me (bruising my shin), stood back up and rolled into the field, laid down idling (no tip over sensor? I could have sworn...). I slid through the rest of the braking zone, clipped the apex -perfect- (the first time all day
biggrin.gif
), started a bodyroll on the curb.

Stood up, ran to the bike, pretended the sidestand tie I forgot to put on fell off, started the bike and dashed off. Repassed the two guys from before, got freaked out and barely used the brakes all day.

Me: Lost some hair, a little sore
Bike: Dirty, ZERO damage.

I must have been good this year.

So you lowsided using too much front brake??

Glad you and the bike didn't sustain much damage
biggrin.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Nov. 12 2006,15:56) So you lowsided using too much front brake??

Glad you and the bike didn't sustain much damage
biggrin.gif
I lifted my left leg to get it away from the burning pain, which caused my body to fall to the left, which turned the bike while braking full force. The front wheel locked, I let off the front brake in time to keep the bike from lowsiding but I literally fell off.

wow.gif
One of the cleanest 'get offs' I've ever read about!

Glad you and the bike came out of it fairly well...
super.gif

Back