Today was an expensive day

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
Woke up this morning thinking I really needed to clean the wife's Focus. It's an 03 model with 105,000 miles and had that engine swap back in September. As I was cleaning I thought (gotta stop thinking) that she really needs a nice valentine's day gift from me.

So after cleaning it for an hour I decided it was time to take it for a drive, straight to a dealer. I had seen this little 350Z convertible and really thought she'd like it. Unfortunately(?) she didn't like it at all. So after a very short, terse few words, we left. As we're leaving she says, "Go back!" OOooook.

She spotted a silver 2007 Mustang GT. Asking price was $27K.

So we drove it, she loved it and I went into wheel & deal mode. I got them down to $17K + the focus (trade-in book value of $1,500).

Here's the new valentine's day gift.

22,000 miles, 500amp 6-CD stereo, leather, power everything and the best part, 300hp

IMG_0157.jpg

Great deal... Great valentines gift and I'm glad my wife doesn't read these posts, Thanks, LoL... Cause you know some of the women, if one gets something great then all have too...

The dealerships are hurtin a bit... I was just looking at the 08 GT V8 Mustangs and they would sell one to me, no haggle at $20 grand out the door. $18 grand for the v6 model... Great deals but I really don't need a car but its tempting...

beats the box of chocolates and a dozen roses my lady is getting for V-day! :laugh:

sweet ride!

On our ride today, we saw a Stang with a trailer hitch pulling a trailer loaded with muddied dirt bikes and four wheelers... funny as heck - I guess that's why he needs the V8... Wish I had a picture...

Buy a Mustang on impulse.. wow! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Back