It was a good Daddy/Daughter day

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
For you guys that have Daughters, You'll know what I mean....

Saturday was a good Daddy/Daughter day. My wife was working, so my 11 year old and I had the day to ourselves. We had breakfast together; talked about school and summer vacation; she just chatted away in her little sing-song voice. She was in a good mood - "yes sir" and "no sir"...helped me clean the kitchen without any attitude.

Got in the car and drove up to a friends house who is making a harness for the .org toaster (which I intend to carry on a skydive at a secret location very soon), then went to my dad's hanger to check something on my wife's airplane. Got out the ranger and let her drive it up and down the grass runway (but she'd always come back and wave at me because she was so proud and wanted me to see her).

Went back home, changed and went down to the neighbor's pool for about 3 hours. Just me and her - it was "Daddy" this and "Daddy" that - we played lots of games and she could not stop 'picking' on me (so I'd dump her).

After the pool, she wanted to go get a movie and watch it with me, but my wife came home so we went to dinner with some friends. Afterwards we stopped and picked out a movie she wanted (The Chipmunks Stranded on a Desert Island movie - Oh boy), and she sat beside me and held onto me the entire movie.

Afterwards at bedtime she wanted to cuddle; and as she fell asleep she told me she loved me soooo much; she was very content. I held her for about an hour (slept some too) and then quietly distangled myself and kissed her goodnight.

I know I don't have many more kinds of days coming, so it was a treasure. Better than any Busa ride, day on the track or dropzone than I could ever have...

It was a good daddy-daughter day for sure :thumbsup:

That is a good feeling.. I love it when my daughter is in a ggod mood and we hang out and just have fun. I took her to New York last month, just her and I, and we had a blast. Central park, empire state building , walkin , walking and more walking, and shopping, just had a blast. have to enjoy them now before the get to old and leave the house.

That is great to hear.. I have an 11 year old daughter also. And I fear that those day will be short lived as she grows up.

now save everything you just wrote print it up and put it on the wall so when shes older and you want to strangle her you can look at it and not beat the living snot out of the guy shes going out on a date with lol

You sir are a very lucky man, not bc you had the day you had but that ur wise enough to realize the value of that day. Keep her close my friend :bowdown:

That's great Keith. Adam and I just watched ChipWrecked last night! And after that it was Kung Fu Panda 2.

AllllllllllllVin........it was a good flick.

Hey has she seen Tintin? Good kids adventure flick too.

That's great Keith. Adam and I just watched ChipWrecked last night! And after that it was Kung Fu Panda 2.

AllllllllllllVin........it was a good flick.

Hey has she seen Tintin? Good kids adventure flick too.

She's 11, but she can't handle ANYTHING dramatic..she even got scared in the Chipwrecked movie when the volcano erupted and had to leave the room....

Awesome day indeed! :thumbsup: I had a similar day with my 3yr old the other day, though we watched Scooby Doo :beerchug: I love when those days come along though, in some ways I cannot wait for her to be a little older so we can go and do more things (perhaps travel some place fun like Paris) but I know those days will come entirely too soon on their own.

You forgot the ICECREAM!!!!:duh: Did the same thing!

IMG_2557.jpg

This one gets me RIGHT HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
She's 11, but she can't handle ANYTHING dramatic..she even got scared in the Chipwrecked movie when the volcano erupted and had to leave the room....

She may be alright but I understand. If you can imagine a soft cartoon pirates of the Caribbean thats Tintin.
Watch the trailer on YouTube. Anyway time with kids is great especially if they aren't making you crazy during said time :laugh:

dude i remember those days, your bringing a tear to my eye though, as my baby girl will be graduating HS this weekend.

I remember them days, now I have a 17 year old smart a$$, can't complain too much, gets good grades stays out of trouble..For now anyway

Man that's great. I will be having my first child (which is a girl) in July. It's good to hear stories about family on the Org.

Back