Tire Woes

just changed mine yesterday,had to run out and ger a 5/8 bolt and nuts to get the front axel off since i didnt have the right tool.

just a heads up,if you use front stands put the axel back in the forks while you are away,i came back to find one fork off the stand...what a mutha fkr to get it back in place,had to use a floor jack and alot of muscle so she didnt come crashing to the floor.took me an hr to get back in place since i was by myself
wow.gif

(SnapAttack @ Sep. 19 2007,09:11) OK. She's on a trailer and I'm off. Wasn't sure if the trailer would come through or not.

For the record... She had some wear but didn't start wrinkling or splitting until well into our group ride on Sunday. We literally watched it fall apart over 100 miles. Fastest it has ever happened to me... of course that one stretch when I let her fly probably did not help matters.

Thanks again for suggestions/comments.  
beerchug.gif
How come I have this feeling you needed a new one before your group ride
rock.gif

(mymaster @ Sep. 19 2007,12:57)
(SnapAttack @ Sep. 19 2007,09:11) OK. She's on a trailer and I'm off. Wasn't sure if the trailer would come through or not.

For the record... She had some wear but didn't start wrinkling or splitting until well into our group ride on Sunday. We literally watched it fall apart over 100 miles. Fastest it has ever happened to me... of course that one stretch when I let her fly probably did not help matters.

beerchug.gif
rock.gif
if it didnt look like that before the ride and he only rode 100 miles... he needed a new tire like 500 miles ago! There are these things called wear bars in the tread of the tires... when they are flush with the outter edge of the tire, change it!

(mymaster @ Sep. 19 2007,10:57)

beerchug.gif
rock.gif
Yeah, I know. Even had the 2CT's sitting in the garage and few members were over harassing me about it.

They were all on the ride as well and admit they didn't think it would have happened that fast but... my own fault.

BTW - the 190/55 profile is insane. Can't wait to break them in and really let loose.

Thanks again.

IMG_0714_edited__Medium_.jpg

Hey Snap -

What tire was that, I had a PirellI Diablo that did the same thing. Looked fine, then started showing cracks & cord 50 miles into a ride.

Better be ready for Sunday
beerchug.gif

in my best Ricky Bobby voice "I wanna go fast" New shoes look good Snap hope to ride with you guys this weekend
beerchug.gif

(MPH 200 @ Sep. 19 2007,15:42) Hey Snap -

What tire was that, I had a PirellI Diablo that did the same thing. Looked fine, then started showing cracks & cord 50 miles into a ride.

Better be ready for Sunday
beerchug.gif
BT014

Ready for Sunday
rock.gif

Time will tell my brother... time will tell.
laugh.gif

Always ready to take a lesson, give a lesson
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back