Punctured rear tire

Youkai

Registered
Well like the title says, I somehow punctured my rear tire on the interstate at 70 mph. I felt the back end get squirly so I pulled over immediately and found the tire went flat. I have a 05 Busa with only 1600 miles, can this be claimed under warranty?

I think I already know the answer, road hazard, but thought I would check with you guys. I probably will have to plug/patch it but I called a dealer today and they said they wouldn't do it cause of the liability. How do I get it repaired?

You dont repair MC tires you replace them.(In my humble opinion).

<!--EDIT|Gunnybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125437456 -->

Chalk this up as a lesson learned..... Another experience in safely slowing your bike and keeping the rsd! Don't repair/replace, you'll be on the road in no time. Don't think they'll cover this one.

Are they covered... that is a good one...
biggrin.gif

replace, do not repair...

Don't mean to sound mean BUT I used to work for a tire retailer and had people asking this question all the time (auto's....not motorcycles) and some would throw a FIT when we told them it wasn't covered.

Basically this would be the same scenario as if you would have hit a cinderblock in the road.  YOU hit it so the burden of responsibility is now on YOUR shoulders.  In the above scenario would one go to the dealership and ask "I hit this cinderblock with my car....can I have a new front bumper?"

Rant off  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Thrust
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125446280 -->

dude join the club...just had to replace my rear wheel last week( see blasted nails thread) 1500 miles must be part of the busa curse.

Back