Tire wear

Busa05_KY

Registered
I got around 2500 miles on my 05(bought it in oct 05) and the wear bars are flush in the center on my rear. I have taken a little rubber of the sides as well. By the time i ride to and frome the twisties im burning all the rubber off my centers. Any way what are you guys and gals getting mileage wise?
rock.gif

It be nice to get 5000 out of a rear.
crazy.gif

2500-3000 seems to be the norm. Some people claim to get far more than that but I am at a loss to explain how.

Second rear for me. I've got 1500 and the bars are coming to the top again. No burnouts, and I'm not all that hard on acceleration all that much.
sad.gif

1500 - 3000 tops. new rear every oil change, 2 rears for each front

How often do you change you oil wwjd? I had the 500 mile one done. None since and im at 2500. I was thinking i would change oil at 3500?
Thanks for the post everyone!
thumbs-up.gif

By the way how do you all get the little blue note about you bikes and quotes?

<!--EDIT|Busa05_KY
Reason for Edit: "Side note"|1149446834 -->

I squeezed 3600 out of my first rear...(shouldn't have) my second rear is now at 1900 and is at the wearbars. Front is done as well. Seems to be pretty typical.

i got about 4500 on my rear now i'am close to the wear bars in the middle. fronts seem to last about 8000

thanks for the post bigoltool,pdbusa,wwjd,mjn. Mjn how bad were you at 3600?
My first rear was at the wearbars at about 2800 miles. I babied it for awhile...kept it below 70 mph and carried a fix-a-flat in my tankbag. Not gonna do that again. I'd never run a tire to the cords...EVER. The tire really didn't look all that bad when I took it off....until I saw just how thin it was..

From now on, when it hits the wearbars...time to replace.

This is what my current rear looked like 400 miles ago (1500 miles). If you look close, it is very near the wearbars..the good news is I am using all of it...no wasted rubber here!

may1606011.jpg

How often do you change you oil wwjd? I had the 500 mile one done. None since and im at 2500. I was thinking i would change oil at 3500?
Thanks for the post everyone!
thumbs-up.gif

By the way how do you all get the little blue note about you bikes and quotes?
I change my oil with every new back tire! ;) usually around 3000. but I have gotten a tire without changing oil too

setup blue notes in SIGNATURE under your profile

I got 4000 out of my first "new" rear, but now that I am more confident and familiar with my 05, I'm starting to see wear bars getting pretty close with only 2000 on this second BT56J stocker! Ugh! Fortunatrely, lots of twisties where I live so I'm getting a good even distribution of wear. Original front still looks pretty good to go!

I've got 4000 on my stocker but it's done. Waiting on mail for new one now. Never had a bike so hard on tires.
tounge.gif

I have 3000 and i might be able to get another 1000. I do not ride that hard. i wear more in the center than anything. there are no twisties here in N.O.

2000 on the stocker. Replaced it with another BT56. I have 800 mi. on it and catching up to the wearbars allready. No more BT56's for me.

1100-1500 a rear with no burnouts. I always replace both at the same time.

continental road attack about 5000 miles and 10 1/8 mile passes and looks to get about 1500 to 2000 more out of it

3900 miles on the stock tire and have probably 700 to 1000 miles left. Not many twisties and a lot of commuting to work which is easy driving. I think this has helped to extend the tire life.

Courious on the Continental Road Attack post, sounds like a lot of miles, is it a hard tire? I am looking for miles, but I want to keep the handling characteristics.

i have PP's and my rear lasts about 4000 miles.. this 1 is actually around 4500, but ive bene past the wearbars for a while and am gonna get a new tire tues.

Thanks again for the post everyone. It would be good to get to 4500 or so, but i don't dee it happening with my riding style. I had Mich. Macadams put on my 89 cbr 600. I got 300 on them now and they got another 3000 or better still in them i bet. They do seem harder than what i used to run. Not quite as much bite as some of the 3k wearing tires i used to get. Saving some $ though. I rarely get over 120 on the 600 though. I wonder if a harder tire on the busa would be as stable over 150?

Thanks for the blue signature tip wwjd!

<!--EDIT|Busa05_KY
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149474281 -->

Back