Tire Pressure PSI

I ran 42-42 by the book for all of 7000km only to find that the middle had nothing left and the sides had plenty.
Nothing wrong with that, if 42-42 is what you like, you just wear out the middle sooner and help out the economy.
I now run 38-38 and even then sometimes I think it might be slightly over inflated. Regular serious twisties riders go to around 36-36 +_ a psi.
O.

For trips I run 41/41

For rides like Eureka or Deals Gap I run 38 / 38

For the track I run 34 / 34

I run 41 at both ends all the time on the street with Dunlop Q2s. But that is just me everyone is different.

Interesting: I run 36/36 cold street and 30/30 cold track....same tire.

Wow, I have been running 46 psi. Found the bike rolls into corners alot nicer and gives better feedback on the throttle out of the corner. I ran 32psi in a little 250gp bike years ago, but a big old "hire bus"? I couldn't get any feedback, just felt like I was throwing it at corners and hoping for the best.

Any advice on what to run bt016s bridgestone on the track??

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I have an Orange Black 2008 Hayabusa and wanted to understand what PSIs are people running their GEN II Busas on for street/highway use. The manual says 42 psi for both front and rear, this I am assuming is for when 2 people are on the bike. What is recommended for best grip and braking? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

42-42 felt OK with the OEM Bridgestones, but as I ride solo 99% of the time, it was also over inflated, wearing the centre and not so much the sides. The OEM (015's) did not like reduced pressures from memory, perhaps because the walls were softer, which gave a marshmallow feel on lower pressures. Nowadays, I run 36-36 on the excellent Dunlop Roadsmarts. It works perfectly for me. You need to find a happy medium to suit yourself and your style of riding. Some riders like to go significantly lower for running on the track, but for normal road use, that might lead to shortened tyre life. For 2 up, 42-42 is OK. You can really only tell after a while by observing if your tyres are wearing evenly from edge to edge.

Tufbusa, this is very true , I bought a pair of Pirelli Diablo Super Corsas at the race track with 20 laps on them, Pirelli tire teck told me to run 24psi in the rears and 33 psi in the front and to check the presures regularly with every outside temp change of 10F or more. Also every tire brand and riding style and load conditions will change what presures you should run. I get 6000 miles out of these tires and I only pay $75 a tire.

Tufbusa, this is very true , I bought a pair of Pirelli Diablo Super Corsas at the race track with 20 laps on them, Pirelli tire teck told me to run 24psi in the rears and 33 psi in the front and to check the presures regularly with every outside temp change of 10F or more. Also every tire brand and riding style and load conditions will change what presures you should run. I get 6000 miles out of these tires and I only pay $75 a tire.

24 & 33 on a Hayabusa? I run the Super Corsa too but at 34 & 36psi. 08Hayabusa.

I want to know what tire pressure gauge everyone is using,almost impossible to get my hand past the rotor and get any type of accurate reading even with a skinny pencil type gauge.I usually have to attempt it a 1/2 dozen times and by then i've let out several psi so have to start over.

piratediverjefff said:
I want to know what tire pressure gauge everyone is using,almost impossible to get my hand past the rotor and get any type of accurate reading even with a skinny pencil type gauge.I usually have to attempt it a 1/2 dozen times and by then i've let out several psi so have to start over.

90 degree stems make it a lot easier. ( they are actually 80some degrees). Before I put mine in I had a digital gauge that was short and round. Wish I had a picture of it. I got it from advance autoparts.

90 degree stems make it a lot easier. ( they are actually 80some degrees). Before I put mine in I had a digital gauge that was short and round. Wish I had a picture of it. I got it from advance autoparts.

I have one of the short round ones also(though mine's not digital)and it's somewhat easier/seemingly more accurate than the pencil type.When it's time for new tires i may look into the angled stems(or somebody with smaller hands:laugh:).:thumbsup:

I have one of the short round ones also(though mine's not digital)and it's somewhat easier/seemingly more accurate than the pencil type.When it's time for new tires i may look into the angled stems(or somebody with smaller hands:laugh:).:thumbsup:

i always inflate my tire before every ride and use automatic tyre inflator accurate to +/- 0.2 psi
ACCURA QUBE - PCL

i have been field testing a prototype for 1 year now :laugh:

P1020113.jpg

Back