Tire psi

35 front, 38 rear - street highway;
33 front, 36 rear - back roads;
31 front, 33 rear - at the track (with turns, not 1/4 mile)

run 41 fr and rr in stock battlaxes.
Same here 40 to 41 both ends on battleaxes. I found out a couple bikes ago that 40 gave a little softer ride than 42 but still (hopefully) gives me maximum tire life. Although the Busa's suspensions so plush I doubt it really makes any diff. I've never had any traction probs either.....knock on wood

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155694512 -->

36 front and rear
wink.gif

12 rear ... 38 front at least thats what they are when I get home after being gone for a few weeks
blush.gif

normally, 38F and 38-40R

Tire pressure is all about creating heat in the tire. More pressure, less heat. Since your bike weighs the same on both ends, what's the reasoning for running less air in the front and more air in the rear (Unless you have a fat chick on the back of course)? I've never really understood that since the rear is larger than the front in order to give you more traction for throttle and/or hauling heavy loads?

All the hard core guys I know run two or three pounds less in the rear. All the articles you read in magizines on tire tests, they never run more air in the front, why?

I'd be interested in your answers as to why you want more air up front?

Tire pressure is all about creating heat in the tire. More pressure, less heat. Since your bike weighs the same on both ends, what's the reasoning for running less air in the front and more air in the rear (Unless you have a fat chick on the back of course)? I've never really understood that since the rear is larger than the front in order to give you more traction for throttle and/or hauling heavy loads?

All the hard core guys I know run two or three pounds less in the rear. All the articles you read in magizines on tire tests, they never run more air in the front, why?

I'd be interested in your answers as to why you want more air up front?
maybe Im doing things backwards.

I run 40 Front and 36/38 Rear. And who says the bike weighs the same on both ends? If you split the bike in the middle, I think you would have alot more weight up front compared to the rear.

I only ride on the street.. i run the pressures recommended by the manual...

okay, now I have questions...
rock.gif

I thought a harder tire (+psi) would be better for carving turns because it would roll from edge to edge easier? I know softer = more contact patch for traction. I thought softer tire for less aggressive riding and harder for more aggressive.
Maybe it's just me, but my bike felt "squirmy" in turns with less psi.
Please enlighten me...
smile.gif

Back