Tire changer

Jakegsxr11

Registered
So far this changer works great! I have not attempted mounting a tire yet but removal is very easy. Even on an old stiff tire. I didn't even warm it up from ambient temp, around 60 *f.

1000011099.jpg

1000011097.jpg

Tire are mounted, went super easy. I find it odd the directional arrows have the tread pattern traveling a different way for the front tire versus the rear. Front tire has the sipping sweep from outside to inside rotation forward and the rear tire has the sipping sweeping from inside to outside when rotating forward....

Can anyone confirm this is indeed correct?
Dunlop QS5.

1000011101.jpg

1000011100.jpg

Tire are mounted, went super easy. I find it odd the directional arrows have the tread pattern traveling a different way for the front tire versus the rear. Front tire has the sipping sweep from outside to inside rotation forward and the rear tire has the sipping sweeping from inside to outside when rotating forward....

Can anyone confirm this is indeed correct?
Dunlop QS5.

View attachment 1682352

View attachment 1682353
Dem wheels sure are purty!
I reckon the manufacturer screwed up the arrow direction on the rear tyre.
mistake GIF

Dunlops answer:

"We appreciate your contact and for riding Dunlop. Mostly all of our current production Dunlop motorcycle tires that we produce for street use have a reversed tread pattern front to rear. The reason for this is that each tire position on the motorcycle is exposed to different forces while in service. The construction of the front tire is mostly for “braking” forces, therefore the internal construction and tread pattern are such to perform optimally in those conditions. It is just the opposite on the rear tire which is designed mostly for “acceleration” forces, therefore the internal construction and tread pattern appear to be reversed. The front tread pattern performs at its best in dry / wet conditions when mounted in the correct direction of rotation as indicated by the sidewall arrow.

Hope this helps – Ride Safe! "

Back