HARBOR FREIGHT M.C. TIRE CHANGER

kkbusa

Registered
Just wondering if any of you guys have the harbor freight motorcycle tire changer, and how is it. I just got the flyer and it's marked down almost in half, so I went to look at it but the display model was only half put together. Will it scatch my new 08 rims?, and does the bead braker work.
dunno.gif

PM MC Mustang and Powers739.

I know they both have one. In fact, I was talking with MCM today and he said that the best part about it IS the bead breaker. He can enlighten you but I think he said that it was almost easier to let the wheel/tire sit in the sun and then just install/remove on the ground - but the changer was really good at breaking the bead.

I have one and it has paid for itself several times already. As far as scratching the rims, I dipped the clamps in tool dip and use rim savers on te top. It works great for the money. And yes...the bead breaker works great.

James

Just make sure you use some good tire spoons, that have good plastic coating, to keep from scratching. It's a lot easier to watch someone do it a couple of times and coach you through it a time or two. It can save you money if you go through enough tires...

I just bought one. it's gotta be better than running back and fourth to the dealer

I got the HF but dipped all the contact points with plastic dip also from HF. Buy the nomar tire mount/demount bar made with no scratch delrin tips. If you have 800 dollars get their complete package.

Back