timing retarder question

WOW what a long post.
SHOCKED.gif
Let me dumb things down a bit.

2BUSA, you seem to know a lot about computers, but not about motors. You've stated numerous times that the FI sprays the optimum mixture. The computer doesn't know the optimum mixture, it just has a really good guess. Altitude, air temp, humidity, all play a factor in the AF ratio. Not to mention air filter and exhaust.

If the bike came from the factory with a wide band O2 sensor, then it could provide the optimum AF ratio.

A PC3 plugs in after the ecu and before the injectors, therefore the ecu never knows it's there and will not go into a backup mode.

There are many different types of TRE's, but my understanding is they send the ECU the same voltage signal that it would see in 5th gear. Sending the ecu a different voltage is a lot different than a "short" as you describe it. Yes a "short" would throw some codes and send it into backup mode.

Johnnychesse,

I will be sending cycleworld a letter about thier "faulty dyno". As`stated earlier they say the Busa is restricked in the 2 lower gears and thier dyno shows it. "The busa resulted in 83 foot pounds at 4000rpm in third gear AND UP (4,5,6th) and dropped to 77 foot pounds in second"

I'M OUT..............
all_coholic.gif

Speed, Motors are electrical, engines are internal combustibles. Please remember the difference.

It never occurred to you that open loop created two decent running bikes - Busa/ZX14. Notice how the 14 is still open loop for this year. BMW has been closed loop for years. Notice the performance gap.

Sorry Speed, think again. Show me a really, "good guessing" ECU that has yet to foul a plug if the bike was running in Denver or NY. Someone had a Pcom hooked up riding in Denver. The bike was sluggish, guy pulls the Pcom out of the loop, then ran flawless that high up in altitude. Tell me the fuel quantity is guessing when the Pcom kept pouring it in.

To see the tre send the correct voltage value is as simple as taking an ohm meter, prong the wire where the tre touches that wire into the computer, (shift to 5 if you want) and ground the meter probe. Remove the tre, reconnect the stock wire harness, then probe the junction box wire (once again) that connects into the ECU. I bet the voltage is out of spec and automatically defaults to the backup like any tre would.

I'm not the one who is confused as to how the tre works on a computer bike, believe me.

Back