TRE mod. is this for real

bug_n_67

Registered
Suzuki has programmed the ECM to alter the ignition timing to remove a bit of torque in the first three gears to protect the rider from the bike's full power! What they've done is to "retard" the timing, or make the spark occur later than usual, on purpose, so that maximum torque is not acheived. The "TRE" ( Timing Retard Eliminator )removes this "retarding", to set the ignition spark back to the place where it will give maximum torque, Just before top dead center. With this mod, you will eliminate the timing retard" -- Hence, the "TRE' mod. With this removed, you will notice more power possible in gears 1, 2, and 3. You'll notice smoother performance of the bike without all the jerking and engine braking in the first three gears. For all you speed freaks, YES THIS DOES ELIMINATE THE 186MPH GOVERNOR THAT IS FACTORY INSTALLED ON THE 1000 AND HAYABUSA

This has been around for quite some time now. There are several companies that offer a TRE to eliminate this.

Search the history on this board and you will find quite a bit of info. Goo/Bad and indifferent................Good luk deciding if your gettin one!!! :blush:

OK I havesearched hi and lo through the boards and got about all the info I can on TRE. Good info.

Now where is the place to find one for a reasonable price and time frame I would like to purchase ASAP. My 03 is rough on the low end and coming to stops has a little lurch to it.
Thanks!

You can find them on e-bay. There is a guy who sells one under "3 HP for $20.00", or "3 HP for $35.00".
Good luck

Ride safe

Well I went with the ATRE, wasn't sure it did much till a few weeks ago when I reset it.
It made a world of Difference! It quit chugging in the lower gears and it was the best mod I have done so far.
Thats what I wanted, not sure it removes the top end restriction as I have only had it to 155mph (on a track ;)
Kevin

Well I went with the ATRE, wasn't sure it did much till a few weeks ago when I reset it.
It made a world of Difference! It quit chugging in the lower gears and it was the best mod I have done so far.
Thats what I wanted, not sure it removes the top end restriction as I have only had it to 155mph (on a track  ;)
Kevin
Decided to buy ATRE. What settings did you use?

Thats what I wanted, not sure it removes the top end restriction as I have only had it to 155mph (on a track  ;)
Kevin
Decided to buy ATRE.  What settings did you use?
I had a long conversation with Mark at Factory Pro and we came to the conclusion taht the 4th gear map would be the best for 1st 2nd and 3rd gears. With the ATRE you can program which map to use in either 1 and 2 or 1 2 3. Or you can go for the Glory and repogarm all six gears to use the 5th gear map which will disable the top speed ;limiter to exceed 186. Good luck, I know of very few people that will actually exceed this speed, there is really no need for it, I can outrun every other bike on the market and still keep it under 170 indicated. I have ordered the ATRE and I am looking forward to using the programmablility, The ATRE also does not effect the Nuetral Timing Map, the switchable TRE that i had before would affect the Nuetral map and make it idle funny to me, then when you pulled in the clutch it would be fine. Go figure.

Kevin
Decided to buy ATRE.  What settings did you use?
I had a long conversation with Mark at Factory Pro and we came to the conclusion taht the 4th gear map would be the best for 1st 2nd and 3rd gears. With the ATRE you can program which map to use in either 1 and 2 or 1 2 3. Or you can go for the Glory and repogarm all six gears to use the 5th gear map which will disable the top speed ;limiter to exceed 186. Good luck, I know of very few people that will actually exceed this speed, there is really no need for it, I can outrun every other bike on the market and still keep it under 170 indicated. I have ordered the ATRE and I am looking forward to using the programmablility, The ATRE also does not effect the Nuetral Timing Map, the switchable TRE that i had before would affect the Nuetral map and make it idle funny to me, then when you pulled in the clutch it would be fine. Go figure.
Hey where did you order you ATRE from. I talked with SJProducts and he said he is a few weeks out on having them.

Back