Time off and looking for Ideas

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
I am eligible for an 8 week sabbatical this year and I am looking for some ideas of what to do. Right now my plan is to start with the Colorado Meet and Greet and then take September and October off. After the Meet and Greet I have no plans. The members of this org seem to know some great places to ride and I am looking to tap into that for some ideas. Well... what ya got?

Well If your from New Mexico, Heading to Colorado... I'd say keep pressing north up into Canada... Head up through Wyoming (BORING) on 287 to Yellowstone (Not Boring). Then Up into Montana or Idaho and press up into the Canadian Rockies. Then Head west to BC, and down the West coast through Washington, Oregon and into Northern California. From there either press west to LA then Left For Vegas, or Head to Vegas Through Reno... It would be a LOOOONG ride but it would make for some different scenery than New Mexico, give you a good mix of Roads. And You cap it all off with a couple days in Vegas before heading home to New Mexico Via the Grand Canyon...
thumbs-up.gif
Just a Thought...
smile.gif

Thanks for the input. How is the weather up North in the September/October timeframe?

Well If your from New Mexico, Heading to Colorado...  I'd say keep pressing north up into Canada...  Head up through Wyoming (BORING) on 287 to Yellowstone (Not Boring).  Then Up into Montana or Idaho and press up into the Canadian Rockies.  Then Head west to BC, and down the West coast through Washington, Oregon and into Northern California.  From there either press west to LA then Left For Vegas, or Head to Vegas Through Reno...  It would be a LOOOONG ride but it would make for some different scenery than New Mexico, give you a good mix of Roads.  And You cap it all off with a couple days in Vegas before heading home to New Mexico Via the Grand Canyon...  
thumbs-up.gif
 Just a Thought...  
smile.gif
How many miles would that trip be? That would definately win you some ironbutt awards.
biggrin.gif

Stopping in Vegas for the finally would be cool, especially if you had any funds left to gamble with.

Thanks for the input. How is the weather up North in the September/October timeframe?
Weather in Southern BC in Late Sept early Oct is usually rainy....you can almost count on it.
And you don't wanna be riding through the rockies in Oct either you'll freeze!!

Great trip if ya did it all in Aug though....absolutely beautiful scenery, and some really nice curvy roads too.....weather's almost always good in Aug.

Yeah if your moving through the route I laid out, you would definitely want to be back into Northern Cali by mid September... Even the Colorado rockies are starting to get too cold in early October, you don't want to be messing around.

That's what I was afraid of.. won't start the sabbatical until early to mid Sept.. mountains getting cold and rainy season rolling in. Oh well, I will wait and see what dates are actually approved and then see what is what. If anything I'll stay in the South.. New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, maybe across to Florida... we'll see. thanks for the input though.. maybe will take some time next summer (July/August) and head up North to see the area.

What exactly is a Sabbatical and how does a person become eligible for one?

I was out of work for 9 months, but they called it unemployment, and it wasn't much fun.
laugh.gif

Well Let me Think...............
You can walk your ass accrosed the street to my house and wash my CBR929RR
wow.gif

Cut the grass.
Play with the dog.
Polish the boat.
NO DOING THE WIFE,,,,,,UNLESS IM THERE
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|crazzycowboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105368329 -->

Well Let me Think...............
You can walk your ass accrosed the street to my house and wash my CBR929RR
wow.gif

Cut the grass.
Play with the dog.
Polish the boat.
NO DOING THE WIFE,,,,,,UNLESS IM THERE
laugh.gif
Right... that'll work. I was thinking maybe of just riding past your office each day and let you watch someone that is off and riding... ha

What exactly is a Sabbatical and how does a person become eligible for one?

I was out of work for 9 months, but they called it unemployment, and it wasn't much fun.
laugh.gif
Believe it or not the company I work for "forces" you into taking 56 consecutive days off with pay every 7 years. What a pain!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ride. I would ride a week, go to Hawaii. Ride another week, go to Costa Rica. Ride another week, hit the Caymans. Deplete savings account, max out credit cards, go back to work. Seriously, you may look at the southern states, beautiful weather in Sept-Oct. Lots of festivals and some of the best busa roads anywhere. I can't imagine that much time off, you lucky guy....first week - do all the busa mods you have been putting off...
tounge.gif

Ride. I would ride a week, go to Hawaii. Ride another week, go to Costa Rica. Ride another week, hit the Caymans. Deplete savings account, max out credit cards, go back to work. Seriously, you may look at the southern states, beautiful weather in Sept-Oct. Lots of festivals and some of the best busa roads anywhere. I can't imagine that much time off, you lucky guy....first week - do all the busa mods you have been putting off...
tounge.gif
You meen do all the busa mods the wife has been put off for you.
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
No mods this year.. all money going to sabbatical, Laguna, Pikes Peak, and Copper Mtn...

Back