Time for fork seals. Question...

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Got a leaky seal so taking care of the issue and have a couple questions. I've been watching Youtube videos and also following the threads here (very informative, and very opposite methods, LoL). My issue is the videos show to hold the nut on top of the inner rod then loosen the cap on top, and then the entire fork comes apart...I have a white tube around the rod that does not move. The big walk through thread on here mentions taking out an 8mm drain bolt, does this have anything to do with the white tube, couldn't imagine that would be holding it in? I'm a little hesitant to go further before I know what's holding what and have knowledge with how to slide the tube down to get to the nut underneath, as I don't want to force something loose. Shouldn't the white tube just slide down at this point? (Most videos watched don't even have the white tube).

White tube.jpeg

Drain plug.jpeg

TwoBorthers thread almost sounds like the entire internal portion (white tube and all) lift out at this point, but seems I'm missing some step there

"Once you get the tube drained unscrew the upper cap and lift out the spring assy"

PS: I haven't been able to get back out there to look further yet...just prepping for working on it tonight.

Back