Throttlemeister?

Good2Bking

Registered
Hey gang, just got the B-King Tuesday and am looking for advice on the Throttlemeister. I bought the Vista Cruise but just can't get it to cinch down enough to hold the grip in place. For those of you who have the TM do you like it? Is it easy to operate? I'm wondering if the grips on the 'Busa are the same as the B-King...I emailed TM to see if they had an application for the B-King yet and am waiting for a response. Thanks all!

I have the TM and I really love it!! I'm sure they have one that will work with the B-KING!
thumb_up.gif

I've used the Throttlemeister last couple years. Works great. Lot of miles on that little device, and it makes those miles much easier.
beerchug.gif

(Yes, that's all three. Was testing them all out!)

throttle1_475.jpg

I love my HD TM. For long straight trips its great! And even just to rest your right hand for a minute its great. Used it here for this pic.

DSCN0437Medium.jpg

I just installed the Vista Cruise device on my 2007 Hayabusa. I had to shift the brake assembly as far over as it would go to fit the "u-bolt" type device to my bar. Mine was shipped with 2 rubber strips. Had to use the thicker one to work right on my stock grips. I haven't road tested it yet, but I'm hoping it comes in handy to relieve wrist fatigue on my upcoming trip with my Dad from St. Louis to Oklahoma. I'm afraid of how sore I'd be without a throttle lock type device.

TM are pricey for a throttle lock, I have them on both Busa's and they are very good.

Pipe uses a Brakeaway cruise from a VTX on his bike.

Engages with a press of a button and can disengage by pressing a button or by pulling in on the front brake lever.

000_0307.jpg

000_0310.jpg

I put my Throttlemeister on just a few weeks ago but can already tell it's going to be a lifesaver on any long trips.
Only thing is, it's a little clumsey to engage, and you do have to keep an eye on your speed. Set it for 70, go up a little hill and going 60, go over the top and going 85. A quick bump of the throttle will fix it, just don't forget, state LEO won't want to hear it.
Looks great, positive (but very moveable) lock, wristsaver, and worth the $$ to me.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Installed mine 2 days ago - ordered it from Pashnit. Easy install. Only hitch was that there is a ridge on the throttle sleeve (for the grip to fit over) that has to be cut off for Throttlemeister's friction sleeve to fit. A pocket knife worked for me.

Once the friction sleeve was in place, it was just a matter of getting the right spacing and turning a couple of bolts.

I have not looked at a B-king yet to see how exactly it is laid out. Does it have the choke on the left side like the Busa? Well what I did (I no some might say unsafe but it is barley cracked open and the breaks would easily over power it if it stayed on and I assume some people would have a little common sense and coordination) there is the choke on the left side and all it is is a cable that tracks down the bike to a a seperate cam to push the throttle open for cold starts, well I removed the cam and took a piece of say 1/8th inch key stock and TIG welded it on the edge of the cam, then take it to a sander and sand a new profile on it and reinstall (be careful Tiging it and cool it quick and you will not cook the nylon sleeve, I managed to do it without messing it up so it can be done or remove it but I am not sure how nor do I remember that was 5 years ago) Then go test it out and if it is to touchy, then take it off and make the profile less agressive. I got lucky and nailed the profile about perfect for what I want. so now I can either cruise with the left hand modulating the throttle with the left hand or leave it still and just cruise, works great and used it on many highway stretches. Warning!!!! it will not release unless you push it closed, but the breaks (like I said) would easily over power the 2 percent throttle opening or so.... just puting that out there not suggesting anything... can send a pic if you want the key stock is a little rusty now though... oh and when you do it wire brush off the zinc plating before you TIG it... I would have coated it or something before reinstalling so it wouldn't rust at all too... maybe some day ill pull it back off and clean it up and plate it or powder coat it.

Back