Throttlemeister with aftermarket grips

busa-bager

Registered
I installed my heili bars with some aftermarket grips. The ends are enclosed so I cannot access the end of the bars to scew in the Throttlemeister assembly. I am not sure of the devices operation. Could I just cut a hole to allow the screw to pass through to the bar end, or do I have to remove the entire end to access the throttle sleeve

GRP6chrinst.jpg

Man, I just installed a set yesterday. Those grips look like one piece if so they might not work with the throttlemeister. How do they come apart? It will be hard to alter those without damaging the crome. Might look at the cruise control mod.

If you don’t mind me asking, When you engage the Throttlemeister does it hold the throttle grip in position or the throttle sleeve in position.

It comes with a friction bushing that slides over the sleeve. At the end of the sleeve there is a grip index that has to be filed off to facilitate this. Once the friction bushing is installed the grip goes over it and the throttlemiester makes contact with the friction bushing when engaged.

Back