Thoughts on cruisers??

Why is no one mentioning the Victory line? 106ci factory, US made....

If you want something American made take a look at the Motus. It should finally be out this year. If you are already considering a Harley the price should not be an issue. I know Battley cycles in Gaithersburg is going to be selling them. I have seen the prototypes up close and they looked pretty good.

MOTUS MOTORCYCLES - The MST V4 Sport Tourer

I was waiting on the Motus.Then I saw the price..10k too high :banghead: 4 days later came home with a 1441 :laugh:

Hey Lankey you are right the new Vmax's are 1 heck of a bike but the price tag on those are more than a Nightrod. If money wasnt an option I probably would go with that but even used 1's run 16k+ Ive seen a couple earlier 2000 models but I think the new technology was implemented on the Vmax in 07 or 08. I seen the Victory commercials but I have yet to see or hear about them from anybody on the road or in riding circles so I'll pass on that. Besides they dont have the style I'm looking for, Vmax-Nightrod those are the styles that appeal to me. Not interested in the Ultraglides or Goldwings, at least not until i'm collecting a Social Security check :laugh:

Suzuki B-King!!!!
A little ecu editor tweaking, full exhaust, and it has full Busa power...only with legroom and upright seating. And with adjustable suspension and very good handling.
Best "cruiser" I've ever ridden!:thumbsup:

^^^ This.

Hey Lankey you are right the new Vmax's are 1 heck of a bike but the price tag on those are more than a Nightrod. If money wasnt an option I probably would go with that but even used 1's run 16k+ Ive seen a couple earlier 2000 models but I think the new technology was implemented on the Vmax in 07 or 08. I seen the Victory commercials but I have yet to see or hear about them from anybody on the road or in riding circles so I'll pass on that. Besides they dont have the style I'm looking for, Vmax-Nightrod those are the styles that appeal to me. Not interested in the Ultraglides or Goldwings, at least not until i'm collecting a Social Security check :laugh:

I guess I'm confused.... What's your style if you're looking at cruisers?

Victory Hammer

victory-hammer-s-07.jpg

Victory Judge

VictoryJudge1.jpg

If your a hayabusa owner you enjoy the power when needed!
Its hard to settle when you twist the throttle. The GenII vmax is one heck of a motorcycle! Yes its expensive but comparing it to a vrod the price is close but the power and qaulity isn't! If you want power and performance with a cruiser style you will have to spend the green backs! The new vmax will beat a busa on the dragstrip stock vs stock all day long! A harley anything is far behind in any performance competitor.
Are you willing to settle?

Hey Justin I like that black victory in the pic but its like I said I don't know or heard any chatter about the victory brand so I don't feel as confident as say a Yamaha or even a HD for that matter. Not to say I wouldn't buy a victory but I would have to do more research on the brand and that particular model. Thanks 4 showing me another option :beerchug:. How much would that black victory run me?

I had a Valkrie for a while. Nice balanced bike with gobs of torque. Ride one and see what you think. Super smooth and great transmission. I really like the straight cut gears in the trans... nice whine to it as you run through the gears.
My only dislikes are not enough lean angle though it does have plenty of lean for normal driving. The other was not havng a 6th gear. The torque it makes could pull a 7th gear if it had one. Riding 2 up is easy from a load and power capacity perspective. Gas milage can drop to the high 20s when your hammering it. When getting myself a 2nd bike the Valkerie will get consideration again. Earlier models had a few more ponys and can be picked up for 5 or 6K. Really nice bagger versions run around 8K.

Good luck with your search I have a 2006 M109 ang a 2009 busa and have ridden a v rod but I prefer the M109 great low end grunt and very comfortable

Used to ride with a guy who had a Victory 8-Ball. That bike had style (he would get a lot of gawkers asking what it was) and I remember it being quick for a cruiser. He wasn't really a hard core bike guy, and didn't have it too long. Think he bought out of his price range.

Polaris has ran the snowmobile and 4-wheeler game for the past 15 years. Their Sportsman line of quads are arguably the toughest bikes on the trail. They are not a brand new start-up, but I can understand your concern with the street bikes and not having a long history.

I'll say it again- check out the Triumph Rocket III! Those bikes are so freakin' cool!

Love it myself only bagger cruiser I would go with.

V Max gets high points on everything but range an features for price. 4.4 gallons and 27 mpg not a good pairing.

True the VMAX always had a small gas tank, but thats why they classify it in the cruiser category and not the touring.
120 miles you better be looking for a near by gas station on the VMax. I rode one for a few years but we have plenty of gas stations around the area. I dont think I would try and ride out west on one

Hey Justin I like that black victory in the pic but its like I said I don't know or heard any chatter about the victory brand so I don't feel as confident as say a Yamaha or even a HD for that matter. Not to say I wouldn't buy a victory but I would have to do more research on the brand and that particular model. Thanks 4 showing me another option :beerchug:. How much would that black victory run me?

I don't have the black one here, but $12,499

Love it myself only bagger cruiser I would go with.

V Max gets high points on everything but range an features for price. 4.4 gallons and 27 mpg not a good pairing.

I was never a cruiser guy until I started working here. I've rode about all of their bikes except for the Judge and it's just unbelievable how smooth riding and the amount of torque they have stock. Only problem, just like any stock bike is they are extremely quite from the factory.

Used to ride with a guy who had a Victory 8-Ball. That bike had style (he would get a lot of gawkers asking what it was) and I remember it being quick for a cruiser. He wasn't really a hard core bike guy, and didn't have it too long. Think he bought out of his price range.

Polaris has ran the snowmobile and 4-wheeler game for the past 15 years. Their Sportsman line of quads are arguably the toughest bikes on the trail. They are not a brand new start-up, but I can understand your concern with the street bikes and not having a long history.

I believe they've been making street bikes since 1999. Their ATV and UTV market in the last 5 years has come along way and they pretty much dominate the class in every category. Plus their accessory book is about the best out there too.

If you're going criuser - I think you need to be all in mentally - cruisers speak to you differently. HD Road Glide, Victory Cross Country tour my top high dollar choices. Yamaha Raider (sportier) - has always interested me. I know many who like the Suzuki C90 - fraction of the cost of HD or V.

I actually own a C50. No bite or bark - It purrs. Very reilalble and very inexpensive. I like my '09 HD Softail Deluxe alot. Vintage Styling. Very comfy not good for 2up though.

I never choose cruiser first, but when I do get out on any cruiser particuarly HD's - I get it - It's fun - and I enjoy it for the day.

If you're going criuser - I think you need to be all in mentally - cruisers speak to you differently. HD Road Glide, Victory Cross Country tour my top high dollar choices. Yamaha Raider (sportier) - has always interested me. I know many who like the Suzuki C90 - fraction or the cost of HD or V.

Victory Cross Country is a beautiful bike and a blast to bomb around on even for a big bike. The Yamaha Raider is really popular around here and they sound mean with a nice exhaust on them

That Victory Judge looks good in all black. Thats whats really appealing to me about the Nightrod and other bikes that are similar. They are black, black , and black......... :laugh: Not really interested in tons of chrome and ape hangers and a 8 subwoofer stereo system as I'm cruising down the road. I like the Night rod cause of its lack of chrome and modern styling coupled with performance. Dont plan on travelling cross country but on a nice weekend be able to hop on a bike and take off for a few with my girl would be nice.

Back