Thoughts on cruisers??

Suzuki B-King!!!!
A little ecu editor tweaking, full exhaust, and it has full Busa power...only with legroom and upright seating. And with adjustable suspension and very good handling.
Best "cruiser" I've ever ridden!:thumbsup:

Oh I know that no HD can touch a busa, even a turbo night rod I seen still only had like 160HP or something like that and harley guys were freaking like that's a lot! Fallen I don't disagree that BMW and ducati don't make sweet bikes but they cost more than HD. I seen the nightrod and liked the overall lines of the bike and the Brembo's were a nice touch as well. I just gotta test drive 1 and see how it performs. Its got an aggressive look which i like but for the price I could buy a leftover 2012 busa and throw on some parts that are cruiser friendly

Well the truth is if you are talking performance, HD just doesn't do performance. If you want style, noise and to join the cult that's what a $16K HD get's you. Almost any other bike choice you make will out perform an HD. I know some will challenge that statement, but it's pretty dang close to true. If you want in on the HD club that's cool. Most of them are really cool people but they are doing a different sort of 2 wheeling, that's just a fact.

#1busa thats the bike i was going to tell you to check out before i got reading your post...i have a customer who has a 09 nightrod and i did alot of work to it but to make a long story short i got to spend alot of time with it and good amout of road test miles and think it is a great bike..it reminds me of an old hot hod...mind blowing H.P and TQ..great bike...go for it...nothing like a harley thats why maby i love it so much...ii also owned 2 night trains..its on my list of bikes to own..best of luck

Owned 2 cruisers 1300 and 1800 VTX.Bullet proof..Rode friends Harley"s and absolutely hated them..But.. no more cruisers for me..FJR is my relaxed bike...It's a personal preference.

I had an 03 Suzuki intruder 1500 before the busa, the intruder had plenty of balls to cart my 285 pound frame around plus the gf. Ip when. Had it I thought it was comfortable and fun to ride the I got my busa and its ten times more comfortable and deffffffff more fun :laugh: but anyways I put 20000 miles on the intruder and she was bulletproof the whole way

First figure what you are going to spend???

Are you determined to buy new cause even the lower priced M109 is in the 14K price range

But these baggers come with everything large hard bags, heated grips an seats, radio, cruise control and ABS. Hence the large price tag

crs_cty_tour_p4.jpg

Is your heart set on the lazy boy ergos of the cruiser class...???

The acceleration of that class may leave you a little bored??? I ride mostly at the posted limits, so I can see myself riding and enjoying long days on a bagger and still have a big smile from the ride. But you won't get that smile from throttle response the inline fours give you, even if it's just to get up to speed.:laugh:

Try renting one...... Cruiser is quite an investment

crs_cty_tour_p4.jpg

Yeah Busa1166 the huge baggers are out of the question for me. Dont find them appealing at all. Honestly the Night rod is the only HD that has ever caught my eye and made me take a 2nd look. It has an aggresive look with modern technology and performance to boot. Like I mentioned earlier the price isnt that high compared to other harleys that dont have half the performance or looks in my opinion. Ive seen a couple 07 and 08's and they are still selling for 11 grand consistently with 7or 8k miles. So it looks like they hold their value very well.

Yeah Busa1166 the huge baggers are out of the question for me. Dont find them appealing at all. Honestly the Night rod is the only HD that has ever caught my eye and made me take a 2nd look. It has an aggresive look with modern technology and performance to boot. Like I mentioned earlier the price isnt that high compared to other harleys that dont have half the performance or looks in my opinion. Ive seen a couple 07 and 08's and they are still selling for 11 grand consistently with 7or 8k miles. So it looks like they hold their value very well.

While you are looking,check out the Super Glide Custom, it will be a touch less than 16K, its a good cruiser, may need a new seat for 2 up.

The HD's do hold their value well, and they do grow on you in different ways. I am not disappointed in mine, really like it alot. The more you ride it, the more you will want to ride it. Good luck in your decision and keep us posted , with pictures, please.

If you want something American made take a look at the Motus. It should finally be out this year. If you are already considering a Harley the price should not be an issue. I know Battley cycles in Gaithersburg is going to be selling them. I have seen the prototypes up close and they looked pretty good.

MOTUS MOTORCYCLES - The MST V4 Sport Tourer

My buddy is selling his night train I believe it's an 05? Nice bike loud and powerful!! I think he's unloading it for like 9

Rode Harley's for 15 years, I love my Busa for daily riding, speed, handling, etc... But when you want to take a nice slow cruise with the lady nothing beats the Harley IMO. The HD Dressers are built for long rides and are the most comfortable bike I've been on. I did 19 hours straight on my last Electra Glide, not too many other bikes i could do that on. Love the Vrod and cant figure for the life of me why they don't take that bike and set it up as a cruiser, there are aftermarket kits for that out there.

A couple come to mind- all are big cc

Rocket III
Gen 1 V-Max
Mean Streak

and if you are looking for something like an HD but better performance, there are several Victory models that may fit the bill.

Back