This Sucks!! But I have to sell my Bike.

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
You guys are like family, and a lot of you know I have been having a rough time financially. I took a blind leap of faith into a Business and moved my family to another state. I felt as though I was doing something kind of beyond myself and it was a calling. Sounds weird but I still believe in the business (an Assisted Living Facility). It is a different concept and more family oriented. Anyway, jumped through alot of hoops legally to get the licensing and property together and got all of that done. Have been networking like crazy. It will be successful. I will not make the kind of money I was used to at one time for a long time. I have gone without an income and been living on my savings and it is pretty low now. Has been for a while. I decided to look for a job, but being self employed as long as I have been, I am not qualified or over qualified for most jobs. I have ran my own businesses since I was in my teens and felt funny even thinking about working for someone else. This site has really kept me motivated and I stayed positive. I decided to give an old business I used to do a shot again and have made some cash. I am selling cars on the side. I am getting back into real estate today, have interview this afternoon. But I need to get cash coming in quick!! If I sell the bike, I will have the money I need to make more money. I have tried to hold onto the bike for as long as I could. It was a mental thing. I felt if I atleast of one possession, the one that means the most to me, everything will be ok..... It was my safety blanket, my sanity, my inspiration. But I don't know what else to do right now. I know it is only a possession, but if any one understands, you guys will. And if I sell it, it has to go to one of you guys. Admins, this is not an ad, I will do it right once I decide for sure but I am pretty sure I want to do this. It is not highly modded. Any of you guys that have rode with me know I baby my bike. It has never seen over 150, I got almost 10,000 miles out of the stock tires!!! That should tell you something. It is an 06 blk and silver with the touring shield, tank bra, fake carbon fiber mirrors, Hid low beam headlight, intigrated tail light signal tinted with flashing license bracket, muzzy fan ( I still owe a board member money for) new back brakes, New back tire with about a thousand babied miles and will but front tire for new owner to install, needs it bad. Asking what people think is a fair price, it has a few small scratches (have to really look for them on left fairing near kanji and on back near gsxr1300r) (both on stickers). I bought new stickers but have to find them, in storage.

Either way, plan to stay on board, and will buy another once things are better. Rode to board members 08's and really loved them. Might be a while though. I will not buy one and have payment, has to be cash!!!

Man, I feel for you! I'm planning on going back to school the first of the year and I know I'm going to have to find a job on the weekends to pay for the bike and school. I cringe every time I think I might have to sell it. But like you, I'm looking at a better outcome once I'm done with the hard part, so if I NEED to make some sacrifices I will. . .But DANG I don't wanna sell it!!! I'm gonna wait till the last minute possible. Hopefully it never comes. I'm sure you'll find someone to take good care of your baby. Especially if it's a member here.

I was doing the same thing!!! Feel like crying!!! It is like selling a kid or something...

Man, I feel for you! I'm planning on going back to school the first of the year and I know I'm going to have to find a job on the weekends to pay for the bike and school. I cringe every time I think I might have to sell it. But like you, I'm looking at a better outcome once I'm done with the hard part, so if I NEED to make some sacrifices I will. . .But DANG I don't wanna sell it!!! I'm gonna wait till the last minute possible. Hopefully it never comes. I'm sure you'll find someone to take good care of your baby. Especially if it's a member here.

Best of luck sir. At least you have your priorities straight. Get things righted on the financial side, then get a GenII. It's the right thing to do, even if it's hard. Sometimes it's harder to do what's right.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have my health and so does my family. Anything else is just a challenge god gives you to make you stronger. I will be fine. I just hate to lose the bike. Hopefully something changes this week so I don't have to. If anyone is interested in talking about buying it pm me, I will run the ad once I decide for sure. I don't want to sell it on craigslist, ebay or anything, I want to know someone here gets it so I know it will be taken care of.

You are in my families prayers fate! :beerchug:

Hopefully something will pan out quickly for you, Fate! Would hate to see you sell the bike, but understand why. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

You are ahead of the game, brother. You have a plan, and you have a goal. In the grand scheme of things, letting the 'Busa go is trivial. Sure it will be unpleasant, sure it will hurt for a while. However, when you turn things around, you can always replace the material things, including a 'Busa.

Good luck to you, and maintain your focus. Just by reading your post, I have no doubt that any sacrifices you make today, will help forge your path to success.

Fate, I can feel the pain in your post. Family comes first, and you have to make sure that you can support them and make it work! I love my bike, but I would sell it in a heartbeat if it meant making sure my family had what they needed! Best of luck with the business. My thought are with you.

Best of luck to you and your family. I understand what it is like to fall on hard times. Good luck with the sale of your 'Busa.

Best wishes, brother. Your head is screwed on right...and because of this...if you maintain your position, you will prevail!

Keep us posted.

BTW, there's someone here on the board looking for a bike...have you searched?

:bowdown:

Good luck bud, On a good note i worked for a guy that opened an assisted living facility from nothing and it broke him, My mom runs the place for him now, and he is set for life or i should say his kid's kid's are set. you can do it man, have faith in yourself and good luck... THe Busa isn't going anywhere for a long time!!!!:thumbsup:

Goodluck with the sale man things will get back to wheir they need to be and you will be back on one like myself man best of luck brother in all your ventures:beerchug:

I feel your pain bro I just started building a house. I have been thinking hard and long about selling my bike. But lord knows I dont want to. I have been coming up with every excuss in the book not to. So got luck and hope you get to keep your baby

I know how you feel. I've been there before and almost had to sell my bass boat and now....I'm there again and the boat goes before the K8 so......good buy to an old friend, my boat.???

Back