This is the type email I get

I got my first T shirt from you with no problem last year. So yesterday I ordered a hat and T shirt once more. So it may take a few weeks to get here big deal!!!! This is a side thing for the Capt. its not like its what he does to put food on his table its something he did for us!!! Boy its something I see more and more... a world of ME NOW the WORLD was put here for ME, Im number 1 your all second!!! Tough they have to wait a little, it will help them to grow up a little. The Capt. does not rip people off.

Yeah, I can understand the guys frustration, but why the hell would you wait a month before saying something? Either the guy has immense patience that finally ran out or he just forgot he ordered anything at all... doesn't really make sense.

Yeah, refund sounds like the best plan, but this reminds me.... I think I must have a couple more .org shirts. Last time I ordered it took about 4 days and I was dressed appropriately.
wink.gif

I STILL haven't spent any time working on new T-shirt designs Cap... and I know you have got to be getting sick of hearing it from me, but I WILL have a couple of ideas for you here this summer, as well as get back to cleaning and straightening some of the old post/tuning up the FAQ... I haven't quit on ya, just been sorta tied up...

Rev

People need to understand it can take a few weeks to put orders together to be shipped out. Captain will get them to you. If you are starting to get a little worried that you have been accidentally forgotten, then sent a polite e-mail inquiry. For a first e-mail there is never any need to be rude or make threats.

This board is filled with members who have all gotten their shirts. This is not some scam cooked up by Captain. So calm down, take a deep breath, and think twice about sending rude e-mail to him.

OK, so a month is a little long, big deal. Like the guy doesn't have another shirt to wear.
I'm not a profiler, but I think this is a guy who's been picked on all his life and, when possible, strikes out before it's necessary. Other traits are probably, giving schitty tips, not letting old ladies in line at the grocery store, not yeilding in traffic, and just generally being a nerd. The guy needs some help and our sympathy. My 20 mils.
director.gif

By the way, I ordered shirts last year and was amazed at how fast they were delivered.

Morining Capt!

Hope your having a good day!

I need to order some new shirts. Any word on the new ones, or did Rev's prior post answer that for me?
tounge.gif

go to www.hayabusa.org/shirts.html and go through the process of picking out your shirts and do everything except putting your creditcard info. Print out the page with the order and dollar amounts and mail it to me with a check or money order to

Doug King
PO Box 162
Newcastle, Oklahoma 73065

I hold the order until the check clears then I ship it out.. .....

Thanks

Cap
So you can use a credit card instead of PayPal.

iamwithstupid.gif

Ok, you should have my order for 3 shirts now.
blush.gif

Guy prolly rides a yamaha!
wink.gif

Someone should remind him that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, or whatever the heck the saying is... maybe he just had a bad day.

All of the shirt orders that I have received as of last night have been shipped out. We had several orders in that batch so you should be getting them soon (unless I refunded your money
tounge.gif
) if you have orders pending. Guys I went to pick up the hats yesteday and they were not the way that I wanted them so my vendor is remaking the order. They said that I can pick them up on Friday just the way that I wanted them. When I get them Friday I will send them out Sat. morning. We are coming out with a new shirt design to kinda match the red white and blue hat. We are going to have a black shirt with the red white and blue hayabusa.org on the left front pocket and an american flag on the back with the words Hayabusa.org we support our troops and their mission. The shirts look a lot like the banner on the to pof the page (No animation on the shirts, sorry
rock.gif
) I am rushing to get these done for Laguna I think that this design will be the best looking shirt that we have.

I make lots of mistakes every day and I dont mind being reminded of it, if I screw up your order please just give me a call or pm me, email me, icq me, there are numerous ways to contact me. I have yet to have an unsatisfied member. I have sent multiple orders to folks that never got the first package, refunded orders that took too long, you name it. I will make it right with you if you are having problems with your order. Just give me a chance to fix it. If I was makingmoney off this site then I would be charging for membership and viewing access rights.

CAp

My mind changed 3 times while reading these. First I thought tht the BBB threat was way over the top for a first inquiry, but in businesss we need thick skin. Then I thought screw thick skin, just give him his money back and make him go to end of the line. Now I think that you could have given him a chance to rephrase it. You could respond and let him know that the threat was uncalled for, then, depending on his response, you could give him his money back.

I don't blame you either way. That threat was a jag move (as a first inquiry).

Thinker62 you make me proud, that what I did, I sent him an email telling him of my feelings and I was going to wait for his response, I sent that email off and it was crawling under my skin so I just refunded the money and sent a seond email telling him of the changes. We think alot alike, scary (shuttering)

Cap

captain dont ya think you could of givin the guy his shirt and called him a bobo.he did want one (paying customer)and you got to figure with a couple thousand guys theres got to be a nutty one here and there .

There's enough nutty ones around here I promise ya that. However I have made a committment to myself and the board members a long time ago. This really isnt a business venture, I lose my butt every month in hardware and circuit charges. I enjoy the site and because of my values and integrity I have sold over 1600 shirts without one long term complaint. Sure there have been a few that wanted their shirt before Valentines day and they ordered on feb 12 but there was nothing I could do. For those orders that I screw up I usually throw a DVD of the vids in or a hat or an extra shirt. Im not in this for the money... For those that think I make a killing on the merchandise here you need to do the math. I charge 17.50 for a short sleeve white, shipping is 3.85 out of that 17.50 and then there is the cost of the shirt and silkscreen and set up and artwork. I put the shirts out there because a bunch of guys wanted em. Don't get me wrong I make a little off of the shirts but it doesnt cover the cost. If this was truly a business deal then I would have sold him the shirt and smiled about it. But it's not a business per say, I dont like threats, bottom line. I would rather lose the sale and lose a couple bucks then to smile and say thanks to a guy that thinks that being a jerk is the way to get things done. Sorry but thats just the way I am.

CAp

what he said!! Although I'd make sure I took the time to kick his rear. I know it won't solve anything, but who cares? All I know is that sometimes a jerk needs his face smashed in to realize that being a jerk doesn't always get things done...but it will almost always get his a$$ kicked.

Kind of on the tail end of what's already been said. Been out working in the truck, not home 3 days a week. Anyhow, I have ordered several shirts and a hat. Never a problem, and I don't expect there ever will be. You definately don't need the harassment. You do a great job for everyone here on the board.

He has 7 post on the board and joined in Feb 2004 -- Newbie
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Not defending this dingleberry at all, what he did was just ridiculous-just defending those of us w/ small post #'s...I LOVE this board, look at it darn near every day, even if only for a few minutes, just very rarely am I inclined to post something. But by all means, I respect and admire those who do. Without them, there would be no reason to be here. The advice and stories I have gotten from here have only added to my enjoyment of my beautiful baby (who is in for her 4k service tonight). Have met several of the nicest people here in person (Mikey D and Thrasherfox, you rock!). And have and will continue to support you whenever I can, Cap. So, from a Newbie- Thank You and please keep doing what you do, even if we don't become extremely active participants due to work, family, etc., it doesn't mean we don't appreciate your gargantuan efforts.

P.S. bought a coupla shirts awhile ago and will be buying hats, don't even recall how long shipping was, so it was prolly purty quick.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back