thinking . . .

shady08798

Registered
im thinking about painting my frame and swing arm and foot pegs black i was going to go chrome but seems like everyone went chrome and i was wondering if i could take everything apart use tape where needed and use dupli colors high temp paint and do it that way or if theres a better way i was looking to do this myself to save a bunch of money pics of my bike can be seen here Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

I had my frame painted by a body shop for about $80...you could consider keeping in line with the stock paint lines; it was a cheap mod on the Busa that is unique IMHO...

I'm sure you could do it yourself, but I'm not sure how much work would be involved...

Here's my frame, painted...and they did not have to remove the plastics to do the work, which saved $ in time/labor...

sm_horg_busa.JPG

Last edited:
I had my frame painted by a body shop for about $80...you could consider keeping in line with the stock paint lines; it was a cheap mod on the Busa that is unique IMHO...

I'm sure you could do it yourself, but I'm not sure how much work would be involved...

Here's my frame, painted...and they did not have to remove the plastics to do the work, which saved $ in time/labor...

That looks good, they also did the inners for that same price?

that looks bad ass i wanted to do that to mine but the local bike shop told me it would be close to 3 grand because they would have to pull the motor and everything to do it and i wasnt all about that and i was going to just go straight black with the high temp paint but i dont want runs or anything and im not a pro painter im sure i could do alright but would be as good as it could be thanks for the info ill check some body shops:thumbsup:

That looks good, they also did the inners for that same price?

The inners were from Race Ready; my ex got 'em painted for Christmas one year...I've heard good and bad about RR, but I'm happy with them...

Just the frame alone was $79...

I dont think paint will hold up on parts that see use.

I had all my foot pegs and mounts, swingarm, passenger hand rail, exhaust mid pipes w/hangers powder coated locally for $120. Then i bought frame covers in carbon fiber and used carbon Look vinyl on the remaining side of the exposed frame. I then used rattle can black around the neck to cover all the aluminum.

I think the blacked out look is good. biggest expense was the frame covers. $325 ouch.

CIMG0572.JPG

CIMG0574.JPG

that looks bad ass i wanted to do that to mine but the local bike shop told me it would be close to 3 grand because they would have to pull the motor and everything to do it and i wasnt all about that and i was going to just go straight black with the high temp paint but i dont want runs or anything and im not a pro painter im sure i could do alright but would be as good as it could be thanks for the info ill check some body shops:thumbsup:

Well yeah, if you wanted the entire frame painted, I could see where they'd essentially want to strip your bike down and do it all right. That still sounds like a lot of $$. What I had done was just where you can see it. If you pull back my fairings, you'll see they got under there too and they even shot paint over my tank to make sure that dark gray matched well. Yours would look sweet with that black and burgundy so the stock paint flows from the side to the tail...

Last edited:
Well yeah, if you wanted the entire frame painted, I could see where they'd essentially want to strip your bike down and do it all right. That still sounds like a lot of $$. What I had done was just where you can see it. If you pull back my fairings, you'll see they got under there too and they even shot paint over my tank to make sure that dark gray matched well. Yours would look sweet with that black and burgundy so the stock paint flows from the side to the tail...

yea thats what i want a constant design all the way through and i dont really care if its painted where i cant see and that was my thought why pul the motor but some people will get you with high way robbery

yea thats what i want a constant design all the way through and i dont really care if its painted where i cant see and that was my thought why pul the motor but some people will get you with high way robbery

Well, you're in PA...you could bring your Busa here and I'll get her painted :whistle: Seriously though, if you can find a small body shop you trust, they color match using computers, not the color code, and what I had done required nothing more than for them to tape things off and shoot paint. Cheap mod, very little labor, makes a huge difference in the overall looks of the bike...

Back