frame and swing arm painting

doabusa

Registered
hey guys im wanting to do and all paint no chrome looks on my 05. my question is this i want to paint my frame black without haveing to strip it all the way down. i was thinking of using a small airbrush to do this. any input would be helpful as well as advice on prep thanks dustin

most people powder coat... I have a feeling that if you try to paint, she is going to peel... You would definetly have to strip / sand to get it to try to stick...

There are some painters on the forum that know more that I am sure will respond...

someone on one of these boards used that truck bed liner stuff, and it turned out AWESOME!!!!!!
I'm blacking out mine as well, and am trying to figure out what to do.
if i find the pics of that guys, i'll post it so you can see.
john

yea i thought about the truck bed liner but i dont want that sandy textured look. i agree powder coating would be best but that requries alot more work lol not that im totally aginst it but if paint works why not save the man hours and money?
rock.gif

My grandpappi always said " if you're gonna do something, do it right the first time"
tounge.gif

i agree i just dont have all the knowledge i need to strip a frame of its motor tranny and all that. so i was thinking tape it all off prep the frame and paint it with an airbrush. but then again ive had dumb ideas before.

hey, if you got a big enough oven, Sears now has a powder coating system for $150 then you gotta buy the powder
cool.gif

seriously though, they do have one but I suspect if you could pull all the parts off of it and take someone just the frame and pieces parts, powder coating it wouldnt be *that* much .... from what I hear most of the cost is around having to pull all the shid apart and put it back together
wink.gif

If you want it right you gotta dismantle the bike.Then send it to a good powdercoater.

Back