Thinking of re-locating to the SW: want: good p

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
I want to move to the southwest US , I am looking for a decent economy and an area that has at least some twisties in it.

CA is out of the question, Las Vegas seems nice but I think I might be better off going with something within 300 miles or so of Vegas.

After chatting with my grandmother who lives in Sun City AZ , I am thinking about Flagstaff AZ.

I am an auto technician ..mostly just a parts changer but I can diagnose and am getting better at it as the years go by.

Still though my main strenghts are just doing mildly technical jobs such as timing belts and water pumps pretty quick.

I have 2 Pit Bulls so they cannot be illegal...I need some canyons to carve..I need a little water around. Hmm thats about it.

I am sick of the rain and damp weather here...which stays from Oct-May for the most part June, July and August are wonderful here but that just aint enough
anymore. I love riding too much,..I gotta have a longer season.

Id appreciate it if you all could give me a few ideas on where to look. I have nothing to lose, I have not one family member here in WA and my
2 best friends are dead. I gotta get the hell out of here asap. Its not gonna be easy so I gotta make a wise decision the first time....granted no place is perfect.

Oh and I need to be in a low crime area...right now I live about 90 miles from a large metro area (Seattle) and my towns pop is about 85K ...I like the size and crime low.

thanks for any advice!

AZ is pretty cool. I was stationed in Yuma for a very short time.......definately wanna buy a sandrail or quads in that area. Very dry and hot.....riding can be seasonal for the weak-ones.
wink.gif

Flagstaff, hmmmm. One thing for sure, you'll be close to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon if that helps any. Also I didnt see too many canyon carving twisties when I was there a month ago.

I plan on retireing in Tenn. with its nice (not too cold or too hot) weather year  round,nice back roads for rolling in the car or bike, friendly peeps, plenty of local touring attractions. no state taxes .  Also it pretty central to most of the other statee I like to travel to.

Best kept secret if you ask me.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129606873 -->

i wish tenn was a best kept secret then maybe my beautiful home would stop getting subdivided...i hate land developers..anyway how about laughlin nevada?

Come to Vegas. If you can afford a single family home, then you should do it. -Cause in about 2 years you will make a good $80,000 in equity and appreciation, easy.

Posted: Oct. 17 2005,19:53  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i wish tenn was a best kept secret then maybe my beautiful home would stop getting subdivided...i hate land developers..anyway how about laughlin nevada? [/QUOTE]

Guess I betta hury and buy that vacant lot we were lQQking at in Fairfield Glade, the Glades, that iz.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129606813 -->

BentValve
Do Not Disturb

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:2.59
Location: North of Seattle     Posted: Oct. 17 2005,20:wizard:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (Rhythm @ Oct. 17 2005,20:30)
Vegas= nuclear waste dump  

Actually I already live in WA where Hanford is located,

"The Hanford Nuclear Reservation is the largest nuclear waste dump in the Western Hemisphere"
[/QUOTE]

Dayuum !

Anyway dont climb out of the fire just to jump into the pot !  
laugh.gif

Yuka Mt. is only 90 mi awayfrom Vegas, Playa
AAAssjani.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129609783 -->

And you wonder why you dont have any friends  or family
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129610358 -->

Vegas is too damn hot! Talk about an extreme difference. I guess if you like it hot it would be OK but I would guess the crime rate is pretty high. I really don't know.... that just a guess.

BTW BV - nice of you to drop in.

Ive been to Vegas, the dry heat is nice.

Better then this damp crap we are getting now and will be getting for many more months!
sad.gif

That would be my vote between the two for sure. How far is that from Scottsdale? I've been there and actually went on a great ride! There is some beautiful country there!!!

Scottsdale is close to Phoenix so probably close to sea level, Flagstaff is @ 7000 feet.

Back