The right tool

moondog

Donating Member
Registered
I haven't liked the look of my DID 530 masterlink ever since the local shop flared the rivets, both were cracked and way too smashed. The service manager said it was ok, that's the way their tool did it. ?? So, the tool junkie that I am, I said hell with it and ordered the Motion Pro jumbo chain tool. Couldn't stop there, had to have a new XPR400 Dremel tool to grind the old rivets down. The new master finally came and I got to try it all out yesterday. Man-o-man, what a difference it makes having the right tools for the job, it was a snap. start to finish including clean-up was under 15 minutes with absolutely 0 frustration, not 1 beer needed for the job. Now, the master looks like a factory job, sweeeet! To review, Pro Motion chain tool: $107....new dremel: $97.....new masterlink: $6.58.......no frustration: priceless! (note to self: GOOD bike shop would have done the entire job for about twenty bucks.)

smile.gif

I can't measure the amount of frustration and F'd up stuff from trying to do things without the proper tools. I too have the Motion PRo tool and it worked great, more proof that the dealerships are a joke and you should always do your own stuf fwhen you can.
AAAssjani.gif

Back