"Best" chain breaker/riveting tool

HRJR

Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking for a Christmas present to myself. Since I need to replace my chain/sprockets, and I prefer to do the work myself, I'm looking for your input on the "Best" chain breaker/riveting tool to purchase. I want a tool that will perform well and last for years. I am willing to pay for quality.

I know many have used the Motion Pro Jumbo with good success (Motion Pro seems to be the most popular "brand", though not necessaily the "Jumbo" model). I am willing to look at all brands. I'd like your opinions on the tools *you* use. Both good and bad points. In particular, if you have used more than one tool, which of those that you have used is better (and why). Those of you that work on motorcycles for a living (whether you are paid to do it or not :bigsmile: ), what tool do you use?

Here are some of the top contenders:

Motion Pro "Jumbo" chain tool

EK Chain Cutting and Riveting Tool

RK Chain Breaker / Press-Fit & Rivet Tool

Pit Posse Heavy Duty Chain Cutter and Riveting Tool

Stockton Tool Company Chain Breaker and Rivet Tool Kit

I appreciate any feedback you can offer.

u forgot to add the harbor freight one, but i havent used anyof them but i want to buy one cause i have to put a new chain on my bike

bought my first one the rk tool. i like it, have nothing to compare it to, but it worked.

It's the only one I've used but it is made well and the jumbo should never have a problem with the 530 chains we use.

Any comments from you service department Pro's? Santa said I need to make up my mind soon...

Back