The censorship on this board is appalling

outofmyway

Registered
This is just my personal view and you may or may not agree with me.

A few days ago I posted some pictures in the random pictures thread. They have been promptly taken down within 2 days of posting. The pictures are of my work with professional models. My company is the sponsor for the largest pageant in the world, the Hooters International Swimsuit pageant. These pictures are used on my website and printed marketing material (tv/magazine commercials). The pictures are that of girls shot in competition bikinis, they have also been posted to numerous other car/bike forums I belong to without problems.

None of the shots I took contain any nudity or lscivious behavior, so I find it interesting that while it is permissible by the mods to allow pictures displaying animals engaging in sexual acts and laugh about it but removing tasteful shots that are acceptable to be distributed to the general public.

So if I posted a picture of a painting of DaVinci that contained "nudity" that is displayed in art museums around the world would it be removed, because you would label it "inappropiate"? Would you lable the SI swimsuit issue an "adult" magazine? Do you blind fold your child's eyes on the beach?

Am I the only person that feels the big brother behavior of this particular forum is overkill?

Aww man... wish I would have known you posted em up before they got removed. :banghead:

Dangit sometimes being slow sucks.. I miss the good stuff.:whistle:

Sorry to say, but it is not mine or yours to decide. This board is wholly owned by 1 person and that person who has invested their time and money to create this site has the sole right to decide what is "appropriate" and what is not. If any of us find that we do not like the rules of the game here we are more than welcome to take our ball and go to another court and play.
Public outlash will NOT solve this issue.
These are the facts. If enough people do not like the way this board is run and choose to leave then maybe (Just maybe) the board will die. I do not see that happening but it could.
It is like Suzuki, I thing it is BS that they are not releasing any 2010 models here in the US until they feel good and ready. My complaining is not going to change that choice. I do not own or control Suzuki, so I have to deal with the choice.
Just my opinion.

OOMW,
Were you contacted by a Mod regarding why the pics were removed? I am wondering why you didn't address this thought with either the specific Mod or one of the Admins, rather than post it in the open forum for the masses, unless you are attacking the practices of all the mods/admins? PM forthcoming.

PM sent. Awaiting your reply.

OOMW,
Were you contacted by a Mod regarding why the pics were removed? I am wondering why you didn't address this thought with either the specific Mod or one of the Admins, rather than post it in the open forum for the masses, unless you are attacking the practices of all the mods/admins? PM forthcoming.

Ditto!

I didnt see your posted pics, perhaps it was consider "business" promotion which you must get permission for or pay for advertising here. OR ... Better yet, Hows about you start your own forum somewhere on the web, then I can join and start complaining what I dont like about your FREE site. ???

Last edited:
I saw the pics, and thought they were innocent and inoffensive, but the rationale is
that there are children on site, who may not be ready for that kind of exposure. But, as
the dirtyest old hoon on the planet, I must disqualify myself as advisor:laugh:

Send me the pics and I will give them a looksie and see if they were removed for graphicness or something else :whistle:

I am sorry you feel that way. We try our best to maintain a certain level of enjoyment here on the board for all ages, families, etc. We dont catch every pic, but we do our best to moderate with what makes sense. The flip off pics come to mind. If we remove them all, that would eliminate just about all of the spring bash pics. It depends on the content and how they are percieved.
I am happy for you and what you do, however, would I invite you to come to my house and show my entire family the pics you posted, no. But I would invite you to come to my house and show me other pics that would appropriate for all of those in my house hold. In a nut shell, that is what we are talking about. As others have stated, this site belongs to one person, and we judge the content on what would be acceptable just as is if we drove over to his house, and gathered all around to see what you wanted to show.
Not picking on you bro, but we have rules, and we do our best to moderate based on good judgement, common sense, and fairness. I will bow out, MC has the stage. Thank you for your understanding.

To answer some of the responses from the mods and admins (inflammatory as they maybe).
No, no mod has contacted me or notified me of the removal.

As stated, this is an "open" forum. I posted my opinion and wanted to hear what other members thinks about the subject, is this not allowed? I made no personal attacked on anyone and simply questioned the level of sensorship enforced by the board and whether this type of censorship is warranted.

I like this forum for many reasons, I posted pictures that are tastefully done in a thread called "random pictures" but they were promptly removed without any reasons given.

As I stated in my OP, this is not the first time I have posted pictures like this on other similar forums and never had a problem.

I missed em too :banghead:, I think we need to repost these pictures just so we can see
what were talking about :whistle:

twotonevert,
I understand and agree with what you are saying but as I stated earlier in my OP. let's look at this from a logical point of view.
If I brough over a copy of SI swimsuit issue to your house, would you lock the doors and tell me that it is inappropriat for your kids?
As I said befor and I'll ask again, would you blindfold you kids on the beach because there are girls walking around in bikinis?

I haven't seen the pics, nor the original thread. But I can tell you that my 8 year-old daughter is sitting next to me right now as I browse the .oRg. And if it's something that would not be appropriate for her to see...it will go.

Nothing inflammatory here... Captain sets the rules, we admins/mods carry them out.

twotonevert,
I understand and agree with what you are saying but as I stated earlier in my OP. let's look at this from a logical point of view.
If I brough over a copy of SI swimsuit issue to your house, would you lock the doors and tell me that it is inappropriat for your kids?
As I said befor and I'll ask again, would you blindfold you kids on the beach because there are girls walking around in bikinis?

To answer your question, if you came over and brought out the pics for my 8 year old and wife to see, yes I would object. There are different beaches, family beaches, and those not friendly to families.

The argument you'll get is that censorship is up to the owner as this is a privately run site.

However, I have seen some incongruent removal of material. It would appear that all depictions of scantilly albeit tastefully clad woman are unacceptable here. On the flipside I have seen pictures of hairy men in daisy dukes, cross dressed in bikinis and wearing thongs or bare assed with chaps remain without immediate removal. :whistle:

I think someone probably should have let the guy know his post was unacceptable along with deleting the pictures. Just so he understands why his pictures were deleted.

I haven't seen the pics, nor the original thread. But I can tell you that my 8 year-old daughter is sitting next to me right now as I browse the .oRg. And if it's something that would not be appropriate for her to see...it will go.

Nothing inflammatory here... Captain sets the rules, we admins/mods carry them out.

Just to clarify, I take my 5 year old daughter on photo shoots with me all the time.

However, I have seen some incongruent removal of material. It would appear that all depictions of scantilly albeit tastefully clad woman are unacceptable here. On the flipside I have seen pictures of hairy men in daisy dukes, cross dressed in bikinis and wearing thongs or bare assed with chaps remain without immediate removal. :whistle:

That is interesting isn't it.

I think flipoff pics are more offensive than a woman in a swimsuit. After all that is one of the reasons the US is jacked up, because we shun sexuality instead of talking about it. Why do you think sara palins daughter who is very young has a baby,! Because mommy preaches NO SEX, instead of preaching protection! Lil off topic, but relative venting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back