The BUSA BASH

Busa Jules

Little blue pill, M.Ed.
Donating Member
Registered
Okay... after meeting all you nice folks this past weekend at the Florabama, my husband wants to go to the BASH in April.

I know I'm not the BEST rider out there.... I hold my own... but living in the land of 11 curves I am NO KNEE DRAGGER.

Will the BASH be too much? I always wanted to ride in the mountains... I just don't want to get blown off the road... is there a Dragon Virgin Lane up there?
sadnews.gif

YH2K, Rayabusa, DO3, Blonde, Purple1300, and everyone else that was there.... am I outta my league/ mind?? You all know I can't back up.. and have no sense of balance on 2 feet..... but on a bike I don't think I'm too bad.... Unless there are guardrails...
laugh.gif

You should be fine. You just need to run the speed limit the first time through and ride at your level vs. trying to keep up with anyone. Also there's lots of great rodes up there. You need to come up for the Hooters run.
beerchug.gif

Thanks... I know better than to push myself too far.... Hooters run
rock.gif
When is that?

My sister in law (who also rides a Busa) is looking for a place for us to stay that we can get our TRAILER into.... yup.. the trailer queens are coming up!

I am such a Bash Newbie.... let me know where all the good stuff is!!

Break it down to its simplest form, a road is just a road. Just ride at a speed your comfortable and you'll be fine. (You'll be at the back of the pack giving Busa a bad name though....just kidding)
cool.gif
Now being a teacher you can challenge everyone to a spelling Bee or something like that at the end of the ride, then you'll be back on top of the cool factor. OK I'll shut up now..
cool.gif

cool.gif

Jules - c'mon out to the Bash! You will not regret it! The area has MANY wonderful roads to ride!

The great part about our group is that everyone can ride their own ride. There are those that will get out and run the Dragon several times to drag knee - others will ride it, but slower.

The Cherohala Skyway and the Foothills Parkway are beautiful roads to ride - and you don't have to go fast and/or drag a knee to enjoy them! In fact the Skyway has long sweeping turns that a Busa just loves!
biggrin.gif

Come on out - you will have a great time! Besides, 1/2 of the fun is sitting around the firepit in the evenings listening to and telling stories while passing around the bucket-o-licorice!
smile.gif

...and if you're lucky, you'll even get to catch someone low-siding a chair!
laugh.gif

Jules, Please do come. You won't have any problems at all. Everyone rides their own ride, and ALL of the roads are awesome. I love the skyway, and to tell you the truth I don't care if I ride the Dragon at all. There are too many other roads to explore. No problem with parking the trailer. I park my rig right across from the Phillips, and there is plenty of parking elsewhere. If you guys come, you will make it an annual event for sure.
ThumbsUp.gif

My wife is a new rider and we will be bringing her bike too. She doesnt have to ride the dragon, and she will be riding at her pace. I am sure that we will be together some of the time, but I am sure that she will want to venture out with other ladies as well. I am sure I will want to venture out with some of the guys on the more "spirited" rides. Besides, I want to meet you, so come!
beerchug.gif

Yea what they said..... if you can hold your lane and know how to ride your own ride? should be golden.... (you are going to have a blast!)

I can hold my own lane unless I am making right hand turns in intersections (ask Rayabusa) ... I always seem to "leave room for the trailer". But I'm getting better at that.

You guys gotta make the Bash! I went for the first time last year, all by myself and a total stranger. By the time I left, I had so many new friends, I can't even count them all! It was the BEST TIME and I don't ride like these guys do but they put up with me anyway. The dragon is only one road of many to ride at whatever pace you choose.

*PDbusa, you can keep that comment to yourself - I know what you're gonna say...*

Call Mircotel @ 828-479-6772 and reserve a room. Mention the oRg or use AAA and get 10% off. If they're full, I'll share my room with you guys. You gotta be there - like twotone said, I would like to meet you too!

Jules - c'mon out to the Bash! You will not regret it! The area has MANY wonderful roads to ride!

The great part about our group is that everyone can ride their own ride. There are those that will get out and run the Dragon several times to drag knee - others will ride it, but slower.

The Cherohala Skyway and the Foothills Parkway are beautiful roads to ride - and you don't have to go fast and/or drag a knee to enjoy them! In fact the Skyway has long sweeping turns that a Busa just loves!
biggrin.gif

Come on out - you will have a great time! Besides, 1/2 of the fun is sitting around the firepit in the evenings listening to and telling stories while passing around the bucket-o-licorice!
smile.gif

...and if you're lucky, you'll even get to catch someone low-siding a chair!
laugh.gif
She reminds me of Michelle Omar, great to be around, she'll be great at the pit
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

It's a must go. You don't HAVE to ride the dragon, there are lots of roads up there, and although they are twisty, they aren't like the dragon. Slow sweepers, a few straights, a few hard turns.. just take your time, no one is there to judge how you ride. It's just having fun with friends.

The first time we went, I wouldn't ride the dragon at all. the last day I finally went down it. (Going down is easier than up, I think). I took my time, let other bikes pass me. I did it in first gear the whole way. And I didn't give a crap what anyone thought. I did it, and my bike and my body made it in one piece.
thumb_up.gif

The second time we went, I couldn't wait to run it again. I think we did it twice. The second time, Brian (BadAssBusa) led me down and we were hitting it pretty good. I think I got into 3rd gear!
laugh.gif

Just go and have fun, and ride your own ride. You'll be sorry if you don't go.

Oh, and all the good stuff? It's in the evenings sitting around the fires. THAT'S were the fun starts!
cool.gif

LCB, Who? ME? comment? never...

Jules. Consider yourself there. Ride your own ride and enjoy. My first rides on the dragon I was being passed by bicycles...uphill. The dragon is but one road of many, and all I ride well within my personal pace on. To be honest, I have no idea what is on either side of that road, never looked at anything other than the upcoming corner.
I will be riding 2up with my 13yo daughter this year, Unless she wimps last minute. We are planning a trip to the Biltmore Estate while we are there, maybe Thursday.
thumb_up.gif

Seriously make the trip. VaBusa only first rode the dragon last year after a few bashes and didn't know she was on it until about the 100th turn.
cool.gif

You need to go! I sure wish I could make it....Maybe the fall one will work out better for me.

Just ride you own ride. If you are not comfortable with riding in large groups, just ride with a couple and meet everyone else at the destination. Like said before, the riding is only half the fun of the events.

yeah, you gotta show up... its a moral imperative
beerchug.gif

I'm pretty sure you'll have a blast, think about it, being in the same place as 50-70 busas, sometimes all riding in a pack... its something you should see for sure but its so much more fun to be in that pack
cool.gif

Oh yeah, as long as we dont burn Reba's tree again, campfires are usually nice and toasty
winkold.gif

Jules, you will be fine, it's not a racing road course, it's a twistie road that you take at your own pace.
heck last yr on the honeymoon on the weekend with the leo's, 35mph was as fast as we could go and it was great at that speed.....as said earlier other roads also to ride...cherohola was awesome !!
We hope to make it!! our resevations are made at Fontana village(our honeymoon spot) we plan on going the week of, bringing a buddie(newbie) and riding during the week at our pace, our luxury ect....Keeping our fingers crossed..we have 2 jobs that are to be done in or around bash dates...
HOPE to meet you guys !!!!

you will be ok as long as you dont think you have to keep up. My woman had the same concerns the 1st time she rode by herself down in the arkansas twisties. she rode her own pace (i would ride with her at times and ride at my pace at other times) and she ended up really enjoying herself,thats been two years ago and she wont even look at the back of my bike. another thing that helps is keep a close eye on the recommended speed limit for the corner/corners that will help you with a nice safe entry speed, hope ypu have fun
winkold.gif

Back