Thanks RacerV and Busa159

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
I have 40 years of bike riding and the busa is an animal no mater how you look at it..

5 trips to the gap and surrounding areas and 25000 miles, I FINALLY got to the point where I could "rail the bike"

I got some great help from Steve and John in some very fine points... Keeping in mind that an error at that level (and speeds) is most certainly going to end very badly, I have just not been able to put all the pieces together at the same time... A healthy fear of armco barriers at 70 + mph can keep you alive but there is a point where you gotta trust your own skills...

Steve and John let me ride with them (both exceptional riders) and I was able to build enough confidence to "let it go" finally... Running with the tack at 7000 to 9000 rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear for 40 plus miles up and then down hellbender was amazingly fun.. I have not been this amp'ed up about riding in a long time...

I felt a bit silly at one point when I was thinking "wow, he is really following those black tire marks around the corner really well" it occurred to me, ah... duh, those are his marks :stoopid:

Some side effects: cooking a set of Dunlop qualifiers in under 500 miles and worth every dime of it... next stop... track day

these have 487 miles on them and are about 2/3 worn....

DSCN3869.JPG

DSCN3870.JPG

First time I pulled a tire with more profile than it started with

DSCN3871.JPG

Thanks again for the coaching and tips you guys!!

GAS GAS GAS :rofl:
Rich, I wish I could keep up you all you "A" riders.... I think it is going to take me some more time and some track days... BUT when I am done, back to CA and the Southwest to run some different roads :) you better fuel up :)

anyone that can make a Busa sound like a gixxer 600 coming down the dragon has my utmost respect... to be able to even keep you in sight? my new goal :rofl:

anyone that can make a Busa sound like a gixxer 600 coming down the dragon has my utmost respect... to be able to even keep you in sight? my new goal :rofl:

Thanks Bro :thumbsup:

We had a rider down, so I had to get somewhere FAST :whistle:

I am glad you had as much fun as I did.
It was a total great time with you guys...
I have two track days at the end of the month scheduled.......hmmmm
Maybe you should come on down...........
You think we would have some people interested in a track day or two....maybe in the summer? Free lodging here........

Busa159 kept pushing me to go faster....I swear. Should we go on to talk about the 3 LEO's we pased at different intervals who didn't even tap their brakes? I never considered myself that great of a rider, but I guess I am getting better :) Thanks for the good words Biscuit and we will all have to do it again at some undisclosed location:laugh:

Back