Thanks Jimmy, Cecil and Chris

Relsek

Registered
As many of you may remember, Brian encountered an oldster on the way over to my house a few months ago. His bike was totalled.

Thanks to Jimmy (Diesel) who had an old ninja around his house that he was going to fix up but just hadn't really gotten around to. He sold the bike to Brian for $100.00, it needed carb work, the brake calipers were siezed, and the bike was covered with overspray from the previous owner. Apperantly the bike had sat for around 10 years.

We had checked around to having the bike restored to running condition but nobody wanted to touch an 18 year old bike that hadn't run in 10 years. They wanted almost $1000.00 just to rebuild the carbs.

Last weeked we were thinking of parting the bike out on the internet so we could get money for another bike. I just happened to be talking to Cecil Stringer on the phone trying to set up a group ride and the topic of this bike came up. I asked if he knew anyone that could help us out and get it running. He told me of a friend of his named Chris.

I called Chris the next morning (Dec 31), he said to bring it over and he'd look at it. We ended up dropping if off with him and today, a week later we have a well running ninja. Chris is a stand up kind of guy, he went out of his way and fixed everything on the bike, he rebuilt the carbs, installed k$n filters, rejetted the carbs. Cleaned and repaired the calipers, removed the overspray, repaired the leaky fork seals. He did all this for less than the dealer said they would have to spend on parts just for the carbs.

Thanks guys.

Pics

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136772393 -->

tn_102_4536.JPG

My bike, Brian's and the Lovely Mrs. Kesler's all lined up and ready to go.

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136772367 -->

tn_102_4537.JPG

That is cool Kevin! Good to hear Brian is up and riding again.

There are some great people on this board. A hundred bucks!

Props to Diesel!
smile.gif

Tell Brian to watch out for those old folks!!!

Oh yeah, if anyone knows where we can get a windscreen for an '88 ninja, let one of us know.

Kev

I remember stopping by Diesel's as he was tinkering on that bike in his garage one day~ It didn't look nothing like those pics at that time~ Very nice work that Chris has done there~
cool.gif

Congrats on the 'new' ride Brian....
smile.gif

I had that bikes big brother. had the zx-10. Rode the piss out of it till the number 3 rod desided it was old and just gave up the ghost. great bike for back in the day.

Back