Thank you everybody

This thread makes me want to hug someone... :beerchug:

And then go knit a sweater.
Come on guys, we ride the fastest production motorcycle on the planet, and we are sitting here watching Fried Green Tomatoes and painting our patio furniture??

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's one of my favorite movies! Well, that's what my wife tells me...:goodboy:

Don't hold anything back Bots...tell me how you really feel. :laugh:

FYI. I just got the call that I sold that $950,000.00 project so yeah. I'm the man!

awesome news :beerchug: now, is the owner going to let you call the guys you had to lay-off and take the credit for getting them back to working or is he going to take the glory? i've had to do the hiring and firing in several positions over the years and it isn't fun but someone has to do it...it's only fair that you get the good side of calling them back in too!! :thumbsup:

awesome news :beerchug: now, is the owner going to let you call the guys you had to lay-off and take the credit for getting them back to working or is he going to take the glory? i've had to do the hiring and firing in several positions over the years and it isn't fun but someone has to do it...it's only fair that you get the good side of calling them back in too!! :thumbsup:

Nope. We won’t call them back in. We have two divisions here. Division #1 Pre-engineered metal buildings, which are pre-fabbed and bolt together and you need to be good at sheet metal and trim. Division #2 is structural steel where you need to be a certified welder. They are both steel work but they are two different balls of wax. These two guys are part of our pre-engineered building department and for the past two years we have had a very hard time selling them. 90% of our work right now is the structural weld together stuff…as is the job I just sold. SO the two guys we just let go know nothing about that kind of work. I may be able to bring them back as laborers once that job starts but it’s in the early planning stages so it will be 3 months before I could even think of bring them back, and it would be at ½ of their pay.

i liked you right when i joined charlie, we both have the fastest color Busa :thumbsup:

and the oRg is awsome :cheerleader: except fastfrog...........think there might be something off with him :rofl:

i liked you right when i joined charlie, we both have the fastest color Busa :thumbsup:

and the oRg is awsome :cheerleader: except fastfrog...........think there might be something off with him :rofl:

You got that right brother...The frog man is one twisted dude. kiss :moon: froggie :rofl:

And since someone landed a contract! New levers for everybody:thumbsup::thumbsup:thanks chrlie Ill take Blue please:laugh:

I get paid a salary so I can sell 100 project or 0 and I get paid the same, so no bonus for me. In fact, after I sold the largest project we have had in 2 years, my boss yelled at me for forgetting to call the shop next door and asking them to set aside some welding rod for us. I don’t need to call; you just walk in and grab it....it's right next door! He’s such a prick sometimes. I think the problem is that I’ve been here too long and they just take me for granted. 12 years with these guys….maybe it’s time to move on. I don’t have any retirement here either so it’s not like I’m loosing anything by going.

I'm glad we can pump you up....
124.jpg

Gurly Mon ! Now go decorate something :poke:

:laugh:

Back