Thank you everybody

lil charlie

Registered
I just wanted to thank Cap, the mods, and all the wonderful members we have on this site. :bowdown: I have a lot of stress at work and at home. At work I’m an estimator for a construction company and in a tight market like this it’s VERY hard to sell jobs. Not only do I need to make sure I sell enough work that none of my guys get laid off I need to make sure the company is making money so I don’t get the boot. At home I need to support a family if 5 which is stressful too. Don’t get me wrong, I love going home and spending time with my family; but anyone with a family knows that with family comes drama….Especially if you have a teenage girl.hehehehe. :rofl:

The only two things I have that are completely stress free are getting on my bike and getting on this board. I love you guys, thanks for letting me be a part of this family and letting me pick on you guys. :beerchug:

this board is great, and ur not so bad urself!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Just glad to have you here and glad you enjoy the site :thumbsup: It's our members that make it so...well, most of 'em anyway :rofl:

Way to make us all feel special.. :thumbsup:

All this sewing and craft work is making you soft.. :laugh:

Way to make us all feel special.. :thumbsup:

All this sewing and craft work is making you soft.. :laugh:

I hear sewing is a great stress reliever...:whistle:
:poke:
just bustin your chops, I'm not man enough to admit that I can sew, do laundry (better than the wife) and cook

Thanks for being part of OUR extended dysfunctional family! :beerchug:

You need to test for low T brother :laugh: Ok, Ok, I'll start going low stress on ya from now on :thumbsup:

As I get older it gets easier to just let the small stuff and the stuff I can't control just go. I'm all about a no drama zone brother. :laugh:

Don't worry, be happy :poke:

Yeah, I hear ya. I learned how to be very patient and to not sweat the small stuff while spending 6 months flat on my back in a hospital after a wreck on 07, plus another 6 months of rehab learning how to walk again. That said, I take it very personally when I have to lay off some of our employees. We have been getting pretty slow that last few months and I had to lay 2 guys off last Friday, they were both in tears asking how they were going to support their families. It makes me feel like a failure since it’s my job to sell the work to keep them busy and able to support their families. I can’t control the market or the cost of steel so I can only do what I can…I just sucks when I can’t get it done.

I take it very personally when I have to lay off some of our employees. We have been getting pretty slow that last few months and I had to lay 2 guys off last Friday, they were both in tears asking how they were going to support their families. It makes me feel like a failure since it’s my job to sell the work to keep them busy and able to support their families. I can’t control the market or the cost of steel so I can only do what I can…I just sucks when I can’t get it done.

You said it yourself brother. Let the guilt go, YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL. This is the worst economy since the great depression and it may in fact be that bad. You've done everything you can and you continue to do your best. You did not cost those people their jobs. You have done all you can do. Good job.

You said it yourself brother. Let the guilt go, YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL. This is the worst economy since the great depression and it may in fact be that bad. You've done everything you can and you continue to do your best. You did not cost those people their jobs. You have done all you can do. Good job.

I know its not my fault. the worst part is the owner of the company doesn't have the stones to let them go so he makes me do it. he said "you didn't sell the work so you let them go" Made me want to kick him in the nads.

I know its not my fault. the worst part is the owner of the company doesn't have the stones to let them go so he makes me do it. he said "you didn't sell the work so you let them go" Made me want to kick him in the nads.

It's a very hard thing to do. I'm giving folks maximum breaks at this time. It's gonna get real ugly real soon. Consumer spending is way off the last two months and it wasn't good the previous 3 years. We're all in trouble. But we'll all make it out the other end.

I have hired and fired several people over the course of 12 years with these guys, I just hate doing it because we don't have the work. I just need to sell another large project and all will be good. Were small time 2-5 mill a year, depending on the market. I have a large quote, 950K that is looking good for us, if we get it that would pretty much turn our year around. I find out later this week if I nailed it or not.

im new to this board and i have already talked to some great people on here. very friendly and helpful. it's a pleasure to be a part of this forum with y'all and i hope to be a part of this family as time goes along.

This thread makes me want to hug someone... :beerchug:

And then go knit a sweater.
Come on guys, we ride the fastest production motorcycle on the planet, and we are sitting here watching Fried Green Tomatoes and painting our patio furniture??

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This thread makes me want to hug someone... :beerchug:

And then go knit a sweater.
Come on guys, we ride the fastest production motorcycle on the planet, and we are sitting here watching Fried Green Tomatoes and painting our patio furniture??

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't hold anything back Bots...tell me how you really feel. :laugh:

FYI. I just got the call that I sold that $950,000.00 project so yeah. I'm the man!

Back