Texas Busas

Sorry to break the topic, but you guys seemed like the most logical choice for me to ask this question. When in doubt go to the source. Do any of you know a guy named Richard Ray "Rick" that rides a 2000 GSX1300R Hayabusa - Silver & Blue, drives a 2000 Pewter 4-door GMC Yukon & White Vet? He is from Chicago and stayed in the Houston area the past couple of months. He is now in San Antonio. I have mixed reactions coming from the guys at Rivercity Raceway & SW Military Drive. I know they are only looking out for me but I figure I should look things up myself and not just blow him off w/o giving him a chance. Any thoughts....

mustangcobra@2die4.com

HayabusaGSXR1300: That is the guy I saw race about two or three weekends ago out at West Park. It is a dropped and stretched Blue and silver, he trailers it with a new Pewter Tahoe. The bike is pretty fast although he lost twice out here. He can't get it to hook. He has a TiForce pipe,air shift,geared,beadlock on the wheel,. The bike is SET UP and is really nice. I don't know much about the motor but he said it was a 1429cc and I saw he had a PCII in it. I don't really know if it was a 1429 but he made about five passes, it would spin HARD but once in second gear it was hauling A$$. I thought it was a stocker with a pipe and nitrous by the way it sounded and ran. Its that quick! If it really is a 1429cc, on a good track I would guess 9.0's easy @ 152+mph. He lost though twice to a dropped and stretched Busa with Yosh pipe,-1tooth in the front and air shift. Has the power but if you can't get it on the street, you'll lose your money. My .02

HAYABUSAGSXR1300: BTW if that is your bike and your are trying to go under cover and be sneaky, and gather any possible street info floating around about your bike,we're on to you. Nice bike though! Your Busted?? ;)

ZXALAN:

Rick and I have been going out since July 9 when he made absolutely no points with my group of guys (Mustang owners) for approaching me on the bike. He said he got into San Antonio after the July 4 weekend. Your right, the bike is SET UP and really nice. Stocker with a pipe, NO nitrous, air shift, however the compressor was giving him problems last Friday @ Rivercity. He is consistantly running high 9's @ 140+mph. I am just doing a little back ground checking before I go too far with this one. Had warnings from "The Goose" to ask around first.

[This message has been edited by hayabusaGSX1300R (edited 21 July 2000).]

I don't get it! He tried to race you, his bike against your car? or you guys are friends trying to hussle the street thugs? I didn't really think his bike had a 1429cc, it idled like a stock busa and was quiet on the passes. They looked quite quick though once he was moving. 9.40's are good but the 142 mph unless thats a type-o, sucks. Stock Busas will run that and he only weighs probably about 180lbs. There are a lot of people down here that wanted to take some of his money too, damn it! I work at Equistar in LaPorte, I have a Busa but its a turd. 9.80's@145.5 mph. Stock height and wheelbase. I didnt think San Antonio had any bikes. I have raced at Alamo Dragway before, it sucks **** ! What other info you got??

ZXALAN
...that would be b"w"itch...and since you didn't call me...you got a work #? We have several sites with E*...and an unlimited long distance account.

Dallas based,
Factory, Im doing that Jason Pridmore track school in September at Cresson, always a lot of fun. My copper 99 and a buddies 00 blue stormed through Arkansas in May and plan to do another 3 day trip probably late september or early october. The roads in Arkansas are the next best thing to being in California.

If I ride south to Houston, Austin, etc. I will definitely go for blasting some hill country roads.

Johnnycheese:
Are you talking about Wed/Fri @ Rivercity Raceway?

ZXALAN:
Sorry, I didn't make it Saturday night. Rick called me from the road Saturday around 4:30PM to tell me he was on his way to some shootout series race in California. Sunday afternoon he called back from some track outside Shreveport, LA. Not sure where he is now...not here. Maybe we will make it
to Houston next Saturday. Let me know where you will be. I'll try calling later today.

Well, I didnt make it either, my wheel didnt look good so I told them to do it over, it may be two or three weeks now!!! Becareful with that guy, he runnin game on ya!!

Yes and I will be at Houston this Saturday for the Shoot out sorry I have been busy playing with the Busa so I may not be on the boards much this week

ZXALAN-

Hey, your bike still down? What's the deal with the wheel?

I noticed that you mentioned a few posts ago that you work at Equistar on Sheldon, I was there a few months back when they had that mishap with the supplied air tanks...

Where is this "shoot out" going to be on the 29th?

We're going to ride to San Antonio for the day on Thursday or Friday, but I'd like to make it to this "shoot out", it sounds as if it's worth going to.

Hyper - let me know. I'm always up for a good trip to AR.

Ever go to the Blue Goose in Addison on Tuesdays?? Everyone shows up at about 8:00. They have blocked off parking for bikes, speed vision on the TV, $2 Tecate beer and the cutest little waitress named Angie. It's a lot of fun!

Blue Goose is on Midway, one block south of Beltline.

Hey Cheesedude,

What kinda busa do you ride?

Are there lotsa people at this "shootout" thing? What are most of the bikes, street rides or strictly track bikes?

You're from Round Rock right?

ZXALAN,

Who is doing the chrome thing on your wheel?

I'm thinking about taking off the dog-ugly grey off the wheels and leaving the metal, but then again I've wanted to buy a set of mags too...

How did they screw up the back wheel in the first place?

Santana, the Texas Shootout will be on the 29th at Houston Raceway Park in Baytown. Last time it kind of sucked, cars and bikes, only about 25 bikes or so.

My bike is still tore down getting the wheel re-chromed. I went last Saturday to pick up and was not satisfied at all with the quality so I made them re do it again. I wont get my bike back together now until about a week from next Monday. I am pissed!!

I have a manual cam chain tensioner and a PS3 shifter to install when I get it back, that will take about a week to do. Damn, will I ever get to ride again???

I will be at Westheimer sat nite but will probably skip the Shootout. See Ya

Back