Texas Busas

OB_santana

Registered
I live in Houston and would like to see if anyone in the Texas area would like to get together for a Busa ride.

Something like Austin or San Antonio would seem logical and logistically good.

Probably a Saturday early in the afternoon, as it would give us a couple of hours to ride in and still enjoy some good company.

Write your thoughts.

My buddies were down n Galveston the weekend those 4 Blue busas were there, they said they were all stock. What all you got done to your bike besides the RS3 pipe? Who did your tuning? Any other mods?

ZXALAN this week is a Texas Shoot out and the one on the 29th is the rain out date from the last one but they are starting all over so you can run also.

ZXALAN,
You need to get over to the poor side of town.I live in Channelview(across the channel)Have you gotten your bike out to new Hwy.90?You can rip off some serious top end numbers.Then go out to Dayton& Kennefick for some sweeping lefties and righties on FM1008.I hope to have my Busa back together for the weekend so I can go out there.I had to take the upper fairing to Milburn's Paint $ Body to fix a big scratch from an encounter with a table saw.
I often frequent Deer Park and LaPorte.I have a riding buddy over there.Maybe we will meet up one day.
B21

I have got about 4 buddies that ride together we all live in houston. I am often up at the James Coney Island on Sat nights but my bike is tore down right now. I am rechroming the back wheel and installing a PS 3 shifter. I'm sure we could all get together for a trip to Austin, goe see JCHEESE :) and hit the curvy hills up there. Look for me at the Island in about two weekends, Blue/silver, chrome wheels, carbon duplex, second look tank bra, will also have shifter cable trailing down the frame!!I'll be there with a red YZF1000, Black busa, maybe yellow GSXR. Whats your bike look like?

[This message has been edited by ZXALAN (edited 13 July 2000).]

Saturday is not good for me due to I work that day but Sunday is fine.
Don't forget big bike meet at Houston Raceway park in Baytown
Time for the Texas Shoot out.
I can not go but I will be there on the 29th.

Just let me know in advance and I will make sure I am in stock form

Hey Johnny, another Texas Shootout? July 29th? Is it going to be all bikes or cars and bikes like the last one? I hadnt heard of it yet. I should have my bike ready by then :)I am down for this! You coming down here for it?

We race at hrp on the circle track.If yall get bored sat.night after your races i will show you my dwarf car with a busa motor in it.If you do, go in the pits and look for the black and white 18 wheeler that is us.I have done a few things that might be of some intrest to ya.

I'm in San Antonio and ride the Hill Country a lot. The Texas Sportbike Assoc. also has biweekly runs through the Hills. A good ride through the twisties will take a lot more than a couple of hours though.

Santana--I'm going to the drags this Saturday. Not riding the Busa but taking a buddies 500hp yellow Viper. Also looking for an excuse to ride and would jam over from Lumberton to hook up with guys. Just let me know the date and time.

Santana, you're in Clear Lake? We ride in Clear lake and Webster all of the time. We all actually live in Deer Park. We ride the 225 e. to 146 s. to Nasa Rd1 w to Hwy 3 n. to Spencer Hwy e., Big A$$ loop at least once every two weeks but I like to hit Space Center blvd. at about 120 or 130 mph early sunday mornings!!No traffic, fast sweepers!!

I'm in Dallas - also member of the TSBA DFW chapter.

I'll be in Oklahoma City for the dirt track races Saturday and then at Cresson for the sprint races on Sunday.

Yes, I live in Clear Lake, and I have a Silver/Blue Busa. I have a Yoshi race system with a stainless can, and a carbon tank cover.

More often than not, my daughter rides with me to Coney Island and we have matching Vanson leathers with Shoei Jester helmets.

Last Friday, in the middle of the afternoon I stopped at the Whataburger on Edgebrook in my truck and found three Silver/Blue Busas on their way to Galveston...thirty minutes later there were four Busas on the Seawall.

It would be awesome to have a ride to Austin or SA, let's make some serious plans to get it done.

Ride Safe

Busa0021, I know a little bit of Channelview I often work at Equistar on Sheldon road. Never rode the bike up there though but always looking for a new place. My bike is tore down also and will be until about the weekend of the 29th. I am rechroming my back wheel(I chipped it!)and will be putting my PS 3 shifter on next weekend.(if the wheel is done)I want to stay in touch with all of us local BUSA owners so we can ride and hit the coney as a group of bad a$$ Busa owners :)Busa00021,Santana, Hammerfest, myself and I think MANO is another local on a 12R, lets get it together in about two or three weekends!!

ZXALAN - My bike is pretty much stock, the work done on it was done at Stubbs. Yeah, they're really high but I've never been disappointed with the work.

I've talked to the people at Yoshi about purchasing their cams, pistons and other titanium goodies. It's alota $$$, but I'm more concerned about finding a good mechanic that will take the time and interest to fine tune my Busa. I've also considered the turbo thing, I'd like to drop by that shop on Hopper Rd and hear what they have to say.

What color is your Bike?

CONEY ISLAND SATURDAY NIGHT

Hey, I'm going to the Coney Island thing Saturday night. It would be cool if we all met somewhere to ride in together --- you can never have too many Busas ---

Someone name a time and a place. I live in Clear Lake, but I'm willing to meet in a more central place...let's say around downtown or the loop somewhere.

If we met in front of the George R. Brown convention center it would give us an opportunity to run through downtown before we hop on 59.

Well Santana, I'll be going to the Coney Island this Sat Nite but I dont have my bike yet, I'll Be in a red 99 Formula, Lowered with 17" Aztecs and Borla Exhaust, cant miss me. I'll look for you, My bike is blue, you said your bike is blue also right?Pipe and tank bra?

I have been doing a lot of experimentation with the Busa. I've been on two different types of dynos and tried many different tuning combos. Also have about 70 track passes on the bike, making changes each time, If you need any help with anything, let me know, I have tried a lot of stuff for the Yosh Pipe equipped. If Stubbs did your work(pipe) they probably did NOT map the bike, I have a Yosh box so if you want to remapp it, just to be sure, let me know. I have also experimented with different air box tricks and mods with the Yosh pipe so I know what works down here so again if you have any questions, ASK! I have gone through all hoses,sensors,fuel pumps, injectors, gearing etc. so I know a little bit. I'll try to find you this Sat nite, Also to Busa000021 and Mano(ZX12) I'd like to meet you guys so if your free, roll on down to the Island, should be fun, or would be, If I had a fukken BIKE!!!

Back