Teen angst? Neighborhood kid pranks

johnnycrash

Donating Member
Registered
Just got a call this morning from one of my neighbors. I guess last night someone tied heavy duty fishing line across three different intersections in my neighborhood, all of them at neck level. One was discovered before it did any damage, one was hit by a passing van, but the third took down and injured an elderly woman riding her bicycle.

I live in a pretty nice neighborhood where every evening there are lots of bicycle and foot traffic, not to mention motorcycles. I talked to the police and they think they know who it was (kids) but as of yet haven't made any arrests. I'm going to be thinking about this every time I ride my busa now.

I was all about pulling pranks and crap when I was a kid, but this is different - this could potentially kill someone. WTF is the world coming to?

ask the LEO to just pass the names and addresses along and then forget all about it...

This was done in the old days with "piano wire" never seen it but not something new...

Last edited:
thats crazy!! Same here we did some stupid pranks when I was younger...but nothing to this extent...

... watch YOUTUBE for your neighborhood the next couple weeks...

I think someone needs to visit the back of the wood shed!!!! Also they should have to help the lady that was injured. Like cut her grass, take out her garbage, landscape care, powerwash her house, anything that she needed done. They would become my "little slaves" for the duration of recovery. :rulez: :director:

When I was young and snowmobiling in Wisconsin, there were several incidents where people were decapitated by land-owners wanting to keep the sleds off their property by stringing barbed-wire at about 'that' height.

Incomprehensible.

Tragic.

Piano wire? WOW! I remember reading where Ted Kaszynski (UNAbomber) used to do the same thing out in the woods by his cabin.

I just hope the cops scare them enough that they stop doing it - that would be a bad way to go. You'd probably see the wire about 1/10th of a second before you hit it.

Neighbors are all gonna think I'm crazy riding around the neighborhood in a full tuck hiding behind my double-bubble shield.

i think someone needs to visit the back of the wood shed!!!! Also they should have to help the lady that was injured. Like cut her grass, take out her garbage, landscape care, powerwash her house, anything that she needed done. They would become my "little slaves" for the duration of recovery. :rulez: :director:

+100

sweet...i was thinking about goin for a little ride...kinda scared now. I hate stupid kids

Just plain stupid , they never consider the effects ( or do they )

Kind of what I was wondering. Do they just not understand physics and think it's going to be a joke, or do they actually intend on maiming/killing someone?

It's really akin to those kids a few years ago that were throwing cement blocks off of an overpass killing a truckdriver. Sick.

When I was young and snowmobiling in Wisconsin, there were several incidents where people were decapitated by land-owners wanting to keep the sleds off their property by stringing barbed-wire at about 'that' height.

Incomprehensible.

Tragic.

a friend of mine was killed on his dirt bike like this years ago. police said they figure the people that did it thought it would "knock the kids off" and keep them from playing in the clay pits. no one was ever charged as far as i know.

wonder what the kids/parents would say to attempted murder charges?
at the very least the woman should file assualt and battery.
If she were on a bike the speed would have turned the fishing line into a very thin knife.
whats wrong with kids:poke:

Man, thats just wrong....makes me leary to go for a ride through my "hood" now...Now they will publicise(sp)? it and kids all over will start doing it...

Incomprehensible.

Tragic.

I hit some barbed wire at 'that' height as a teen on a dirt bike; fortunately, I was hit across the upper faceshield and just knocked off the bike. The security people that pulled that prank paid for it dearly.... :whistle:

Thats crazy! Kids were putting heavy duty zip-ties up on dark streets around here a few months agoe. They finally got them before anyone got hurt......

Back