Tattoo removal

Gurley

Registered
I love tattoos!! And dont regret a single one that I have....But I have to have one removed before I can join the military. I have a small outline of a star done in black on the back of my neck. Anyone ever had a tattoo removed or know anything about it? I am VERY nervous about having it removed.

A friend told me it hurts more than the tat did.

Yeah thats really what i want to hear! Naw, I work at a hospital so I got a lil something to help with that. I am gonna let one of my nurse friends numb it before I go. lol

Can you not just cover it? It's likely to leave a scar shaped just like the tat. Kinda defeats the purpose no?

Im in the military. A friend of mine had to have one removed on her neck before coming in. It took like 8 weeks I believe and 1 session every 2 weeks of laser removal. And she said it was a *****. But sounds like you'll be fine if you got some anesthetic!

Lucky for you it's "small" and just an outline. Haven't had it done but from what I saw on one of those cosmetic MD shows (wifey commands the TV during the week), if it was filled in you'd be hating life!

saw a special on tv. they were removing tats from prisoners that were in gangs. the general opinion was that it hurt a lot and took a while to do. not cheap either. but hey, its worth it though. your doing a great honor to yourself, your family and your friends by serving. good luck:bowdown:

i have never had one remove but a friend used 'wrecking balm" to lighten up a crappy tat to have it covered by another tat. it worked well. I would think that had he continued to apply the wrecking balm? the tat would have went away completly but since he was getting another he just lightened it up

I dont know the right terms but I remember you said you were going into the Airforce and my friend had a little set of stars tattooed on her neck as well... they said the same thing "they need to be removed" well she went in front of some sort of judge and they ruled she could still join with them... so you might wanna look into that first... seeing even when a tattoo is removed it leaves behind ugly scars

I love tattoos!! And dont regret a single one that I have....But I have to have one removed before I can join the military. I have a small outline of a star done in black on the back of my neck. Anyone ever had a tattoo removed or know anything about it? I am VERY nervous about having it removed.

You going into Intel or something,

Why would they care if you had one on your neck but not elsewhere.

I understand if you can't answer.

:brave:

You going into Intel or something,

Why would they care if you had one on your neck but not elsewhere.

I understand if you can't answer.

:brave:

They told me no tattos above the collar line and non on the hands with the exception of going to the army they dont care from what I understand. And I have offically choosen to join the navy. They seem to have the most to offer me.

Try hard to get a waiver. It is up to you to follow up that process persistently. The recruiter wants to make the process easier on him/herself. Trying the waiver route will result in more paperwork for the recruiter and yourself but is worth the headache. A small star outline at the back of the neck can be easily concealed by your hairstyle along with the uniform collar and shouldn't be a show stopper for entering the service.

The Air Force is by far the strictest on body modification and I know for sure that the above the collar bone and below the wrist tatts can be waivered. I'm guessing a recruiter told you this? If so, ask for the next person in line up his chain of command until you get a 100% for sure answer. Recruiters tend to work alone often, are young NCO's, and think they have the answer to every question. There should be a few squids on here who can spend 10min looking through the Navy Uniform guidelines and help you out. No offense squids, I grew up in Norfolk which pointed me directly away from the Navy.

They told me no tattos above the collar line and non on the hands with the exception of going to the army they dont care from what I understand. And I have offically choosen to join the navy. They seem to have the most to offer me.

What are you going to do in the Navy?

if you go air wing we will probably run into each other eventually lol

Back