Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taller Screen Replacement - Gen II

Katana750

Registered
Hey all, when I bought my machine old mate gave me a taller black screen - (it doesn't look any taller...), though it does have more of a 'bubble'. As I'm 6' 2", I'm looking at fitting that screen to see if it makes a difference.
When I unscrewed the two screws on top, the existing screen wouldn't come off the bike - it loosened, but buggered if I could remove it...
Should it be forced or are there 'hidden' screws...?? I couldn't see any...
Cheers

hi aussie :)
my short bros - loool -
6.2 ? grow a bit :rofl: dear "shorty" ;)

i´m 6.4 and have this MRA race screen (in smoke grey) at my bl/s 00 gen1 with best results

even with my "Jet"-helmet (full face free) shaped 1:1 similar to the following pic
.a4.BellCustom500SErsdcheckitgloss605214410DET0818.jpg

in combination with my (large) ray-ben wayfarer sunglasses
i can go up to 160-180 km/h without any bigger wind issues in a still usual upright position.

my guess why it works so fine are the two manuf. made holes in the screen who reduce any "underpressure" / vaccum behind the screen to zero.

so - that mra screen i can definitely recommend.

hi aussie :)
my short bros - loool -
6.2 ? grow a bit :rofl: dear "shorty" ;)

i´m 6.4 and have this MRA race screen (in smoke grey) at my bl/s 00 gen1 with best results

even with my "Jet"-helmet (full face free) shaped 1:1 similar to the following pic
View attachment 1632112
in combination with my (large) ray-ben wayfarer sunglasses
i can go up to 160-180 km/h without any bigger wind issues in a still usual upright position.

my guess why it works so fine are the two manuf. made holes in the screen who reduce any "underpressure" / vaccum behind the screen to zero.

so - that mra screen i can definitely recommend.
Cheers mate, thanks for the advice...

Hey all, when I bought my machine old mate gave me a taller black screen - (it doesn't look any taller...), though it does have more of a 'bubble'. As I'm 6' 2", I'm looking at fitting that screen to see if it makes a difference.
When I unscrewed the two screws on top, the existing screen wouldn't come off the bike - it loosened, but buggered if I could remove it...
Should it be forced or are there 'hidden' screws...?? I couldn't see any...
Cheers
Gen 1, once you pull out the two screws, pull straight back on the screen and it should slide right out.

If you have some, spray a little WD-40 (and I mean just a little) around the rubber grommet to lube it so it pulls out. When you install the new screen put a little spit on the grommets to help them go back in. I missed it somewhere, what gen bike is this?

If I remember correctly, the bolt and the rubber grommet should pull out together as one.

If you have some, spray a little WD-40 (and I mean just a little) around the rubber grommet to lube it so it pulls out. When you install the new screen put a little spit on the grommets to help them go back in. I missed it somewhere, what gen bike is this?

If I remember correctly, the bolt and the rubber grommet should pull out together as one.
Cheers mate, (its a Gen II), that sounds like it'll work fine..

Top Bottom