Taller Screen Replacement - Gen II

Katana750

Registered
Hey all, when I bought my machine old mate gave me a taller black screen - (it doesn't look any taller...), though it does have more of a 'bubble'. As I'm 6' 2", I'm looking at fitting that screen to see if it makes a difference.
When I unscrewed the two screws on top, the existing screen wouldn't come off the bike - it loosened, but buggered if I could remove it...
Should it be forced or are there 'hidden' screws...?? I couldn't see any...
Cheers

hi aussie :)
my short bros - loool -
6.2 ? grow a bit :rofl: dear "shorty" ;)

i´m 6.4 and have this MRA race screen (in smoke grey) at my bl/s 00 gen1 with best results

even with my "Jet"-helmet (full face free) shaped 1:1 similar to the following pic
.a4.BellCustom500SErsdcheckitgloss605214410DET0818.jpg

in combination with my (large) ray-ben wayfarer sunglasses
i can go up to 160-180 km/h without any bigger wind issues in a still usual upright position.

my guess why it works so fine are the two manuf. made holes in the screen who reduce any "underpressure" / vaccum behind the screen to zero.

so - that mra screen i can definitely recommend.

hi aussie :)
my short bros - loool -
6.2 ? grow a bit :rofl: dear "shorty" ;)

i´m 6.4 and have this MRA race screen (in smoke grey) at my bl/s 00 gen1 with best results

even with my "Jet"-helmet (full face free) shaped 1:1 similar to the following pic
View attachment 1632112
in combination with my (large) ray-ben wayfarer sunglasses
i can go up to 160-180 km/h without any bigger wind issues in a still usual upright position.

my guess why it works so fine are the two manuf. made holes in the screen who reduce any "underpressure" / vaccum behind the screen to zero.

so - that mra screen i can definitely recommend.
Cheers mate, thanks for the advice...

Hey all, when I bought my machine old mate gave me a taller black screen - (it doesn't look any taller...), though it does have more of a 'bubble'. As I'm 6' 2", I'm looking at fitting that screen to see if it makes a difference.
When I unscrewed the two screws on top, the existing screen wouldn't come off the bike - it loosened, but buggered if I could remove it...
Should it be forced or are there 'hidden' screws...?? I couldn't see any...
Cheers
Gen 1, once you pull out the two screws, pull straight back on the screen and it should slide right out.

If you have some, spray a little WD-40 (and I mean just a little) around the rubber grommet to lube it so it pulls out. When you install the new screen put a little spit on the grommets to help them go back in. I missed it somewhere, what gen bike is this?

If I remember correctly, the bolt and the rubber grommet should pull out together as one.

If you have some, spray a little WD-40 (and I mean just a little) around the rubber grommet to lube it so it pulls out. When you install the new screen put a little spit on the grommets to help them go back in. I missed it somewhere, what gen bike is this?

If I remember correctly, the bolt and the rubber grommet should pull out together as one.
Cheers mate, (its a Gen II), that sounds like it'll work fine..

Back