Taking life events to your grave..

number 2

gila2.jpg

hey john i breed gila monsters have you ever seen any in the wild out there. I had to get special  licensing because they are a protected species now.
Only on TV! I don't go looking for these things ya know.

A lot of folks out here do desert riding on moto cross bikes, 4 wheelers and ATV's.

Not me! Case in point?

North of Kingman, Arizona this year.

r8

View attachment 1592821 </span>
[/Quote]
drools.gif thats alot of lunch right there

nice rattlers lol. im into breeding venomous species of reptiles. I sell alot to zoos etc and to the Miami dade anti venom bank. I have in my basement Gabbon vipers, Black mambas, Jamesons Mambas, Gila Monsters, Albino monocole cobras etc. Took some herpetology courses in College and then recieved all permits and certifications for the proper husbandry of the species i keep.
Thanks for the heads up!

I won't be stopping for coffee.
tounge.gif

r8
Thats funny... I was just going to ask to come over and see them...
laugh.gif

yah they are nuts lol but the gilas are cool.. they eat the frozen thawed mice right from my fingers. i hatched them from eggs.

The Gila Monsters I saw were out in East Mesa crossing the road (why they are endangered) and they are really spectacular looking.. covered in "shiny Bead skin" and they move about the same speed as molasses.. fearless and slow.. guess that belies their nasty bite huh? Incidentally these were all yellow on black animals... I stopped just to watch them cross the road (in case car was coming)

with your collection of reptiles, I suppose you must be pretty meticulous to keep from getting bit...

the yelow and black are actually there cousins of the gilas they are called the mexican Beaded lizard almost look identical just a diffrent color and a little bigger than the gilas

if you look at there tails. The fatter they are the better. They actually store fat in there tails that they use as asource of nutrion when you hibernate them in the winter Etc.

still venomous?

and guess I have not seen the Gila in the wild then either... geez AZ native from late 50's and still no joy...

yes the beadeds are still venomous just like the gia they are just origin a little more south but have migrated to alot of other places. I would love to see them in there natrul habitat thats something i have never gotten to do.

4 to 5 inches? I think I could convince the cops it was necessary to discharge my fire arm for critters that size.

I remember in Desert Storm having to get our camo nets off the ground because the green netting attracted those things...and then they fell out onto us as we slept or worked under the nets. Good times....
OMG!!! I would be screamin' like a little girl then dying of heart failure if one of those awful creatures just "fell" on me!!!

Dude you get props for putting up with that!!!

Back