How big is your garage?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Why is it that the bigger your garage is, the more CRAP you acquire? I bought the first house we looked at for our first house based solely on the size of the garage. Now I regret it. When I had a small 1 to 1 1/2 car garage it was SO organized because it HAD to be, now my garage is 1250 square feet, and I want to puke when I go into it! GRRRRRR.....
I love seeing pics of guys garages with drywall, paint, painted floors, cabinets, etc in there, but it would cost me a fortune to drywall mine, and cabinets would be pricey too.
I'm not looking for pity for having a big garage, but does EVERYONE have this problem, or am I just "lucky"? :banghead:

Stop yerr whinning:poke: I'M working in a 20x12 and happy I"ve got it. Now get of the computer and go clean up that shop:whistle:

1250 sq ft is big enough for to be an apartment/house for many so I say count your blessings :bowdown:
P.S.

pichers1st9.jpg

Last edited:
I went from a 5 car garage that I loved to a small 2 car, and didnt have a clue where everything was going to go. Now I have an oversized 2 car that I built cabinets for and heat and air, Im liking it.

Yeah some of you have seen these pics before

===================================================================

000_3161.jpg

000_3162.jpg

000_3163.jpg

000_3164.jpg

000_3165.jpg

I'm WAY too embarrassed to show pics of my garage. I'll prolly get banned from the site if you see it... No lie.
I do need to get out there though...
DEMMYM, that's what I envision mine to look like... I have no time or extra coinage for that though.

Mine is a 52x24 with a 16x24 second floor man room. I heat it with a big old wood furnace and i cant find a dang thing in it!! Not to mention 32x16 of attic space crammed full of the wifes boxes-o-crap!

Pity my children who have to sort through this stuff when i'm gone. Call american pickers!

Not big enough and never seems to be clean either. 2 cars and space up front for bikes and cluttered work bench. I cant get out there to clean it till my back heals :banghead:
The plastic was hastily put up to protect my car from the leaky pipes above.
And a Cow always seems to make it way in for the winter, this is the fourth different ones my friends have snuck in there, I think they enjoy it:whistle:

SANY1499.jpg

SANY1504.jpg

I'm WAY too embarrassed to show pics of my garage. I'll prolly get banned from the site if you see it... No lie.
I do need to get out there though...
DEMMYM, that's what I envision mine to look like... I have no time or extra coinage for that though.

C'mon, you know you want too, maybe one with the Subi off to the side:whistle:

Only owned the house for 3 months and I'm never home because I work in Fort Lauderdale and our house is in Daytona...lots of potential that will hopefully be unleashed soon... :laugh:

DSC00573 (Large).jpg

DSC00574 (Large).jpg

The house has an oversize 2.5 car garage,then I have a 24x24 detached garage off to the side...both cluttered w crap:banghead:

i'm in an oversized 2 car, with 2 jeeps, a busa, and all our crap, and all my tools

I went from a 5 car garage that I loved to a small 2 car, and didnt have a clue where everything was going to go. Now I have an oversized 2 car that I built cabinets for and heat and air, Im liking it.

Very nice Man Cave. :thumbsup:

750 sq ft. One car and 4 bikes. No room for the 5th so I keep it at my in-laws. Just did a remodel so I used the old kitchen cabinets for the walls and got some of the crap off the floors. My garage still looks packed but it's organized. :laugh:

Thats a nice garage. :thumbsup:

Why is it that the bigger your garage is, the more CRAP you acquire? I bought the first house we looked at for our first house based solely on the size of the garage. Now I regret it. When I had a small 1 to 1 1/2 car garage it was SO organized because it HAD to be, now my garage is 1250 square feet, and I want to puke when I go into it! GRRRRRR.....
I love seeing pics of guys garages with drywall, paint, painted floors, cabinets, etc in there, but it would cost me a fortune to drywall mine, and cabinets would be pricey too.
I'm not looking for pity for having a big garage, but does EVERYONE have this problem, or am I just "lucky"? :banghead:

I wish I had that problem.... try googling cheap garage flooring you will come up with less costly solutions than the those tile floors

Roll out PVC flooring or PVC tiles good luck:thumbsup:

Modding a garage can be as much fun as modding the Busa :laugh:

my garage is crazy tiny... I'm not sure that I've seen one smaller. If I pulled a car into I'm not sure you could open the doors far enough to get out. I've managed to squeeze 2 bikes into it though.

my garage seems to keep getting smaller and smaller. I'm just glad I've got basement space for all of my seasonal and misc stuff. My wife always says how clutered my garage is but I know where everything is. I tell her I'm going with a French kitchen motif (tiny space crammed with everything and just enough room to move around). :laugh:

Back