Suzuki Recall Jan 2016 Includes Gen 2 Busa

neither one of my two local dealers will not order the part until i drop my bike off at the dealership. anyone else experience this?
That's bull...ask to speak to service manager...explain...if they tell you that, ask why....Then mention that you are going to call Suzuki North America and complain specifically about their requirement. Betcha it gets fixed quickly....

neither one of my two local dealers will not order the part until i drop my bike off at the dealership. anyone else experience this?
My local dealer did the same thing. First time I've encountered this. Had to drop my bike off then they ordered the part which came 4 days later. Hopefully I'll get my bike back this week.

Yeah they keep it longer doing it this way, this is what I don't want. More chance of something happening to my bike that I don't want.

mine was changed yesterday, rode in at 2:00pm , had a cup of tea and it was completed in 20 minutes, at 2:30 i rode home

I did mine last Friday,, the dealership here in Greensboro keeps the part on hand.. I still had to leave it overnight,, very very busy dealership.. I also took the belly pan off (one less thing for a tech to f_up).. Hey I just realized,,im a pro at this now.. Third rectifier and counting..

I wonder if we will ever be included in the brake master cylinder recall that the 1000's were involved in?..

Hmm, interesting, our '08 received a new regulator/rectifier once already from a previous recall. Last spring I replaced that one with an upgraded aftermarket part from powerhouse.com. I wonder how the recall will be satisfied in this case? I'm definitely not going to give up the upgrade r/r and the far tighter charging voltage range which provides.
Same here; I got an upgraded one from RIcks motor sports.

I finally got to know what the problem of my busa 2013 was (stolen 1 year ago)!!!!!!!! wow... when the bike was hot, there was a problem with the starter or something and could not start up

Confirmed, Suzuki will not allow them to stock the recall parts. This was a multi line dealer, and they only had one Busa on the floor. Made me a little sad.

Dealer only needs your serial number to order the recall part... they don't need your bike sitting there for days waiting.

I just did my own B-King last Saturday (I'm a tech at a Suzuki shop), 15 minute job but I was in there for twice that long cleaning the nether regions of the bike that I rarely see. o_O

hi I 'm new I've got 08 with problems starting....could it be rectifier. I did both recalls...and just did the other 1 1/2 months ago ....
When its cold, the starter spins and fires right up. Ride it for 20 minutes cut it off and try again. It turns slow headlights dimming and almost go dark, and stops after 3-4 rotations. brought new battery .

Fired up fine 4 times in a row while it was cold, rode it 20 minutes, and then the same issue. It turns over slow 2-5 rotations and stops, Headlights dim.

If i hit the starter button and it turns over slow, i release it, wait for fuel pump to stop running and hit it again sometimes, very randomly it will spin fast like everything is ok and the bike starts. Cut it off ,hit the starter and its dead again.

The colder the bike is the more consistent it starts the headlights shining strong while cranking. The hotter it is, the starter more consistantly doesnt work, with headlights dimming and each time it sounds like the fuel pump gets weaker. That one time you hit it just right the fuel pump sounds strong the starter is strong and the headlights are bright.

I have no idea. I have never had a problem with my 08 starting or running...and I hope it never does...

hot weather can discharge a battery. If it's not charging, it might drain down faster when hot than cold.

its not hot weather only in 60's ......new stronger cca race battery ,did recalls even 2months ago rec recall and ignition switch

Dealer that did my recall only needed my vin to confirm applicability; ordered the parts and then I dropped the bike off when I was able. Took about 35 minutes total for the work.

Confirmed vin with dealer.....had to wait until part arrived....sat in their shop for an hour during install.
Best part was acting like I was interested in buying another bike.
Had them hooked unil they asked what I was currently riding:moon:

Back