Suzuki Corporate and the 08 RECALL

The notice does say...

"WARNING!

To minimize the risk of injury or death, we recommend that you do not ride, or allow anyone else to ride, your 2008 model year GSX1300RK8 (Hayabusa) until your motorcycle has been repaired by your Suzuki dealer.

Suzuki strongly reocommends that you do not ride your affected 2008 TSX1300RK8 (Hayabusa) motorcycle until the ignition switch inspection/replacement has been completed.
"

It goes on to say they've asked the dealers to be flexible and accommodating in assisting you with this safety recall.

Seems rather thorough.

If the dealers really wanted to be thorough, they would have already shipped the dealership ignition switches knowing that they would have to start replacing them

Dude........you're picking up your bike on Friday the 13th
wowold.gif
eek2.gif

You're not superstitious are you?
rock.gif

Congrats and have fun with your new affair. The Gen II is superior to all bikes.....even the Busas older sisters.
Nothing but good luck yesterday. Picked up the bike and all I can say is AWESOME!!! Thanks to everyone for providing such good detail regarding the recall. Now for the fun, see below...
laugh.gif

IMG_3515_1.jpg

IMG_3521_1.jpg

IMG_3517_1.jpg

IMG_3520_1.jpg

Ejoy,
David

Received recall today. I'll get done due to my previously blown instur. pannel fuse. But I wont be the first one mod-ed by stearlership thats for sure....

Hi to everybody.
I learned about this recall from HAYABUSA.org.
I bought my 08 from an independent importer because of the price,(13995 euros from SUZUKI Rep. and 12500 from the independent importer).
As a result there is not any warranty for my bike from SUZUKI Rep. allthogh i believe that this is not legal
Beside this i called my mechanic, who is a very good friend of mine and SUZUKI authorised service dealer in Greece and he didn,t know anything about the recall.
So i printed the brochures i found in this topic of the incorrect and the correct wiring routing and visited him.
My wiring harness was indeed misrouted, and he fixed it simply by disconnecting the wiring harness plug and routing again the wiring according the correct way brochure. It was 15 minutes job and now i don't have to think that i will face any problem while riding my baby.
I thought you guys paid a ton of taxes when something comes through customs?
Oh yes we do pay a ton of taxes and not only.
You believe that 12500 Euros is alow price?
If you check the currency it is allmost 1 Euro = 1,5$
That means 12500 Euros = 18750$

I have yet to receive a notice and I fit in the VIN range. I checked my routing last week and it was wrong, but it didn't not seem all that tight at all. Just in case I did loosen up the zip tie a bit.

sadnews.gif
ive had my k8 two weeks, on 500 mile, first service, was told about recall, to do with wireing at headstock, they just reruted the wires, job done, allan, scotland uk

sadnews.gif
ive had my k8 two weeks, on 500 mile, first service, was told about recall,  to do with wireing at headstock, they just reruted the wires, job done, allan, scotland uk  
clap.gif

I bought Mine this past weekend, Asked if the problem was Inspected and fixed before I drove off . The service guy said he looked and mine was not affected but I did not get a good feeling from him at all . I will have to call suzuki and see if the shop logged my vin number in and what was documented . Any suggestions ?

Same here.

My letter came today, but I dropped my bike off last week. Hopefully they will have it done by this weekend. I was told they had to wait for the parts to arrive. Not sure where they are coming from.

Thanks to the org, I learned about the recall 2 days after i bought mine. I did throw caution to the wind even after I saw the pics on here and verified that my ingition wires were incorrectly routed. Now, I am no mechanic by any means and this may have been a coincidence or other problem, but 2 days ago I was about 2 miles from work when my bike began to make a strange sound, like wires shorting. I pulled to the side of the road and listened; sounded as if was coming from somewhere in the front fairing. I did check the ignition switch wires to see if there was any visual problem, and I found none (again, not a mechanic). I never lost power and the bike didn't malfunction. Luckily, I wasn't far from the local Suzuki dealer. I rode VERY SLOWLY to the shop and left it there for service. The popping noise did continue for those last few miles to the shop.
   Needless to say at this point, the dealer (which is not the dealer I bought it from) was clueless about the recall. However, they did look it up on the dealer site and stated that they could have it fixed with no problem. They actually thanked me for bringing the recall to their attention!! This dealer is in NC and is a smaller dealership, and they have not even received an 08 Hayabusa to even put on the showroom floor! Even though its a small shop, their customer service was great. They said they will have it done hopefully by the middle of the week pending the delivery of the appropriate parts.
  Again, can't say if this anomaly was directly associated with the recall, but I'll definitely not throw caution to the wind next time. Glad mine is being fixed. And if I didn't say it before, my bike odometer read 631 miles when I arrived at the cycle shop to drop it off. Everyone stay safe out there.

got my letter saturday and the bike gets inspected tomm afternoon....hopefully suzuki does not the parts on backorder..will keep everyone posted,

Picked up my K8 last saturday, lucky the VIN was not in the range of the recall. I assume the factory is pushing out corrected models to dealer inventory.

Back